A Couple of Unusual Veterans Organizations

TERRY-NAMVET

Here's some Veterans Organization Patches.

Some of may not have heard of the Underage Veterans or the Ridgeway Chapter of the 82 Airborne Association.

post-26793-1298294488.jpg

Some very neat patches Terry. Can you tell us more about the "Veterans of Underage Military Service" organization? That is a new one on me. :think:

Some very neat patches Terry. Can you tell us more about the "Veterans of Underage Military Service" organization? That is a new one on me. :think:

The Under Age Veterans of America was and maybe still is a National Organization with Chapters in different states.

You had to have joined the service before you were 17 years of age and they didn't care how you did it but you had to give them some kind of proof.

If you zoom in on the image you will see that they had a medal and a patch.

They also would go to different states and have a ceremony and presentations.

Zoom in on the top certificate and you will see that the Governor of Ohio signed and presented the certificate while the Commanding General of the National Guard pinned on the medal.

I thought it was unreal that I would be reconized by the Governor and have a medal pinned on by a General because I commited forgery and purgery and I'm sure other crimes when I was 16 years old by lieing about my age and having documents to prove it.

I'm glad the Statue of Limitations ran out a long time ago.

Terry

post-26793-1298311582.jpg

The Ridgeway Chapter of the 82 Airborne Association is named after General Matthew Ridgeway.

When Mac Arthur was fired, He took over in Korea.

I've heard of that Ridgeway Chapter of the 82nd. If I remember, it was refered to in something I read.

Located in Dayton,Ohio according to the association website.

The Under Age Veterans of America was and maybe still is a National Organization with Chapters in different states.

I thought it was unreal that I would be reconized by the Governor and have a medal pinned on by a General because I commited forgery and purgery and I'm sure other crimes when I was 16 years old by lieing about my age and having documents to prove it.

I'm glad the Statue of Limitations ran out a long time ago.

Terry

Now that is an interesting story! Who knew they gave a medal for that sort of thing! That's news to me anyhow.

Thank you for your service, and for sharing your medals. :thumbsup:

Now that is an interesting story! Who knew they gave a medal for that sort of thing! That's news to me anyhow.

Thank you for your service, and for sharing your medals. :thumbsup:

I see you have a Purple Heart.

Do you belong to the Military Order of the Purple Heart.

In Ohio we give free Life Memberships to Ohio residents.

post-26793-1298458002.gif

I see you have a Purple Heart.

Do you belong to the Military Order of the Purple Heart.

In Ohio we give free Life Memberships to Ohio residents.

Yep Got my life membership.

Had a bit of a hiccup with the local chapter's policies, and decided not to pursue attending meetings or anything. Send me a message on here and we'll discuss.

:thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

That's cause he wanted to bring his gun collection strapped on to himself to every meeting! Hey Dan the Dude! :lol: Smile my brother from another mother! Danny

That's cause he wanted to bring his gun collection strapped on to himself to every meeting! Hey Dan the Dude! :lol: Smile my brother from another mother! Danny

Other Danny! How goes?! haha

The MOPH is a good group, and I've got nothing but good things to say about them. After a year of reflecting, I think the problem I had with them was entirely mine.