Minty A-2 Named Flight jacket

TheGermanCollector

TheGermanCollector

I Just aquired Two A-2 jackets. This is one of them, I looks to be all right but, i would like a little more imput on it. It pretty minty and a size 42 named to Gerald J. Gebauer. I pick it up for a decnt amount of money. Just like to fell at ease with this. IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3762.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

Looks like an early contract.I have been told the light colored lining is an early type.Agree on the waist band and cuffs.Nice solid A2

RD

Very nice jacket. I agree, the wool has been replaced with a poly blend.

RD -- I think (and could be mistaken) the early jackets have a extra piece of leather sewn in to the collar... separates the jacket body from the "collar".

Like so...

JC

post-5673-1298305884.jpg

TheGermanCollector

Cool now I fell at ease with this I was doing so research on the name and found he was Capt. Gerald J. Gebauer of the 467th Bomb Group, 789th Bomb Squadron and crew member of a B-24 called Miss Judy. I wish i could find out more about him!!

Johnny Signor
Cool now I fell at ease with this I was doing so research on the name and found he was Capt. Gerald J. Gebauer of the 467th Bomb Group, 789th Bomb Squadron and crew member of a B-24 called Miss Judy. I wish i could find out more about him!!

The 467th should have a current web page for reunions etc , try looking it up and contacting them about Col. Gebauer , that should give you some leads .

Johnny

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

Mint?. As a jacket collector, I wouldn't call that mint but....... Since you openly sought advice here before listing(and have quoted us on listings in the past), I think it's fair to openly suggest you mention that the cuffs and waist band were replaced with the incorrect style (with domestic single knit). This is what you were told above.

As a fellow member, it's my opinion that, since you knew this from the advice received, it's something that should be accurately and openly described in such an auction.

Just an opinion so take it for what it's worth. Best of luck,

Dave