Patch Tabs

36-tex

Scarce tab for the 100th. German-made embroidered variation over a German-made bullion wire and trimmed 100th patch. The tab letters are divided by yellow and white color to match the "100" patch design.

Can someone help me with the top and bottom tabs? I thought I saw them in here before but can't find them.

Chris

Probably American Legion or VFW.

Would appreciate opinions on this tab. Believe it is Italian made. Silver bullion on red felt. No glow. Came years ago with original German made bullion TD patch? Thanks.

Yes, Italian-made. There are variations, emb vs. bullion, years and different color backgrounds.

This is what a Women's Auxiliary Ferrying Service patch looks like - NOT the little all embroidered round blue one with Fifinella on it. That was made for collectors and NEVER worn by WAFS or WASPs.

post-622-0-87143700-1385446670.jpg

Based on the scroll, the SSI should be patently obvious, but the obvious is incorrect. When initially activated 1 May 46, the 4th and 24th Constab Squadrons were elements of the 4th Constab Regt - HQ in Linz, Austria as was the 16th Constab Sq (Sep) in Berlin. The 4th Constab Sq was also based in Linz, Austria and spent all of its existence in Austria. The Regiment, the 4th and 24th Squadrons, even though operationally Constab, were assigned to US Forces, Austria. They all wore the USFA SSI, not the Constab SSI - the 24th Sq went to Germany 1 May 1949, and wore the Constab SSI after that date.

post-622-0-51635500-1385594078.jpg