Patch Tabs

36-tex

The New Guinea was mine it was original, Japanese made

Is it! Cool, this one came up in a Korean War image search, redirects , Now was this made during the occupation period we would imagine. sort of a novelty keep sake thing, if anything worn by a dischargeing vet, correct?

I think it was more of a novelty thing, probably not worn. Maybe just a vet or a few guys stationed there had the tab made to reflect their service there. Im think it was post KW more likely from the early 60s

I think it was more of a novelty thing, probably not worn. Maybe just a vet or a few guys stationed there had the tab made to reflect their service there. Im think it was post KW more likely from the early 60s

Attached Tab right?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

On page 29 post #708 are pictured 6 different Honor Guard scrolls.Can someone of you tell me please what patch goes with the blue and the red/ yellow scroll ? I have

never seen these two color variations before.Thank you for your help.

doughboy

Hi,

On page 29 post #708 are pictured 6 different Honor Guard scrolls.Can someone of you tell me please what patch goes with the blue and the red/ yellow scroll ? I have

never seen these two color variations before.Thank you for your help.

doughboy

Are you talking about these here?

post-1945-0-83332900-1497111697.jpg

Yes, the two scrolls on the left.

My feeling that these fancy different color Honor Guard Scrolls are of a rather blanket design and could of been worn with shoulder patches that have matching colors, by which units, and when, and for how long?

and here's my humble contribution to the Tabs and Arcs discussion -- from one of the very few WW2 uniforms I still have in my collection---it comes from that very short time post-war period when the 100th was an airborne outfit.

Al

post-2235-0-57978300-1586209976_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

A German made 5th Infantry Tab above  a German made 71st Infantry Division patch

(Photo comes from a site called Alchetron)

oikkju.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...