Patch Tabs

36-tex

mysteriousoozlefinch

7MU4Bvi.jpg

80th Airborne Division with tab. Looks to be the same color as the green on the body of the divisional patch? Worn by the CO of the newly stood-up 3rd Battalion, 319th Airborne Infantry on the Eastern Shore of Maryland in 1950.

IDuQzUl.jpg

Second 80th Airborne Division with tab, also from a 3rd Battalion, 319th Airborne Infantry, this one in 1951. Little clearer and also seems to be the same shade (to my eyes) as the green on the divisional patch, but could be a dark blue or black. Either way the tab doesn't fit flush to the top of the patch.

• 2 weeks later...
firefighter

I can't vouch for its authenticity, but I found this link with photos of a uniform with a GERMANY tab over the 3rd Armored Division SSI. The 2nd Battalion 73rd Artillery was assigned to the 3rd Armored Division in the 60's.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/uniforms/post-war-u-s-3rd-armored-division-uniform-677194/

Those type of scrolls were usually a ‘been there’.

Salvage Sailor

One of my wife's clients and close friend came into her office today wearing one of his old uniforms. He has told us before that one day he may pass on his uniforms and loose patches from his RVN service to us.

Here's the photo.......

August 9th 2018.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Found this just now, the HONOR GUARD tab this time over the Benning 197th Inf Bde, a Big Red One Nam vet, this White on Blue no doubt the same as with the Infantry School ones. (Item Up on Ebay at this time).

post-34986-0-16127700-1541207830_thumb.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Army-Vietnam-OG-Shirt-Honour-Guard-1st-ID-CIB-Named/223214821655?hash=item33f8a3e117:g:unwAAOSwVYtb0zro:rk:13:pf:0

• 3 months later...

Soldier of the 101st Airborne Division wearing a TIGER FORCE tab over a gold on black AIRBORNE tab on his left sleeve and also apparently on his beret. Note the soldier on the left is wearing a 101st Airborne Division SSI on his boonie cap.

post-1761-0-26595900-1550243146_thumb.jpg

Here's a new one for me. The design appears to be for the District of Columbia Defense Force, but the colors are different. The background is black, the stars and bars are golden yellow and the bars are edged in a magenta shade.

Allan

post-151-0-56003000-1550262170.jpg

Here's a new one for me. The design appears to be for the District of Columbia Defense Force, but the colors are different. The background is black, the stars and bars are golden yellow and the bars are edged in a magenta shade.

Allan

Allan-

That resembles the flash on a kid's toy beret from the 1960's.

Subdued 562nd Air Defense Artillery Tab. What SSI was worn with this tab?

There are two choices I think, the 5th Battalion 562nd ADA at Ft Campbell KY or the 6th Battalion 562nd ADA in West Germany, if a Campbell maybe the 3rd Army if West Germany, then the 32nd Air Defense Command.

post-34986-0-31861300-1550715574.jpgpost-34986-0-17400100-1550715584.jpg

There are two choices I think, the 5th Battalion 562nd ADA at Ft Campbell KY or the 6th Battalion 562nd ADA in West Germany, if a Campbell maybe the 3rd Army if West Germany, then the 32nd Air Defense Command.

attachicon.gifin.jpgattachicon.gifindx.jpg

Thanks for the Info.

Allan-

Allan-

You are correct

• 2 months later...
seanmc1114

HONOR GUARD tab worn with the Forces Command SSI. It's hard to tell, but it looks like the tab contains white letters on a blue background with red edge.

post-1761-0-34848000-1557321945_thumb.jpg

firefighter

HONOR GUARD tab worn with the Forces Command SSI. It's hard to tell, but it looks like the tab contains white letters on a blue background with red edge.

Looks to have an Air Force security force skill badge with only an AFOUA

• 2 weeks later...

So after what seems like years of waiting for someone to produce a book of shoulder patch tabs, arcs and rockers I have decided to attempt one myself. This will take all of us to share what you have in your collections. I am asking all members to post or PM pictures of items in your collection. If you have examples on shirts or uniforms, that would be great. If you know what SSI your tab, arc, or rocker is paired with even better. Any example you post or send also include any information you have for them. Thank You in advance!!!

I will of course credit selected pictures to the owner / collection it is from. I may be contacting some who published pieces in this thread for better pictures and or information.

• 1 month later...
lamarhooten

As mentioned on another thread, this is a great idea! I will bring a riker mount or three to the ASMIC convention in Portland full of my tabs, arcs and rockers for you to added to the book. Any help you need to get book and info out the folks that need it! Put me down for at least three copies of it! The patch collecting community will be very thankful of your effort!

• 2 months later...

Pretty sure it's a Field Artillery battalion. A mule kicking a shell on a red shield. The soldier has it attached in the wrong orientation on his shoulder loop.