Problem with Ebay buyer

Justin

Hello, I'm having a problem with a buyer on ebay, he got his item. (A Vietnam m1 helmet) but was going on about how the helmet shell had a small dent on the top, go figure a Vietnam war combat helmet having a ding on the top. :rolleyes: so he wanted $10 back, in which I said no. Which I think is understandable, then he send a ebay case on me sending an item not as described, stated he wanted a $10's back, so I figured if this guy needs $10 this badly and it will get him off my back I will send it the damn $10, NOW he has not closed the case with ebay, :think: and my $112 (original selling price of the helmet) is *Placed* meaning I don't have it, is this till he closes the case? What if he just doesn't close the case? Will they just give him his money back? In the report I sent a email to the case that I refunded him his requested $10 and I haven't heard anything back?

Anyone have a problem like this before?

His ebay report was that the item was not as described. But I don't understand why it's locking the funs in paypal?

Never had such a problem. I make sure money sits in my paypal account for the smallest amount of time possible to try and keep it from getting tied up like that...

I make sure money sits in my paypal account for the smallest amount of time possible to try and keep it from getting tied up like that...

Even if I had $0.00 in my paypal balance wouldn't they just take it from my bank account then?

Ugh, this is getting very frustrating cause the buyer sent me a email thanking me for the $10 refund, yet my money is still *placed* and ebay is doing NOTHING, is ebay just set up so that the person spending the money is always happy?!

This is the 2ed time I've had an issue like this.

The first time I sent a item and the person said he never got it, because I didn't send a tracking number... SO he said he never received the item and BOOM, they just gave him his money back no problem.

Even if I had $0.00 in my paypal balance wouldn't they just take it from my bank account then?

Yep.

When I have a buyer who thinks they didn't get what they thought they would I immediately offer and full refund PLUS payment of return postage. If you do all communications through the Ebay Message Center then you have a record that Ebay (and Paypal, which they own) can review. I will also tell the buyer that if he wants a partial refund instead, then let me know what would work. Again, if it's all the record you offered a full refund or the buyer agreed to a partial refund, then you will prevail.

Call me paranoid, but I try not to let it sit there either.

:unsure:

Airborne-Hunter

Justin, if you had $0 in the account they would charge the account/credit card and in that case you would just call them (bank/credit card company) making sure you get on the phone with a real person and tell them it's fraud and you refuse to pay. That usually works. You could call ebay and get on the phone with them. If you used the word "used" or "not mint" or something to allude to the fact that the helmet is not pristine you might be able to get the account unfrozen. Unfortunately alot of the people in the ebay phone service are stooges, so I would try to work with your bank first. I have heard stories that some more affluent people on ebay have had this happen and gotten court orders for ebay to release the name of the buyer who "screwed them" so they could make the buyer's life a methaphorical hell through different court procedures, but whether or not this has actually happened I'm not sure. If the buyer doesn't close the complaint soon, then paypal will look at it and probably side with you because you offered the $10 in the end. But until then you are at the mercy of paypal. My sense. Best ABN

Is there a way to take out more than $500 a month from PayPal?

Sorry you are having problems with your sale. I think if you become a verified member, you will have these restrictions taken off.

Sorry you are having problems with your sale. I think if you become a verified member, you will have these restrictions taken off.

If you can get the buyer to close the case, the hold will be removed and the total returned to your PayPal account. You may want to see if you can respond in the case and try to drive it back to the buyer to foce it closed. Each step has a time limit. You could also try to turn the case over to Ebay and let them "help" you out.

Certainly we should all only buy on eBay since their systems are 100% for the buyer. Wait, if we did that there would be no eBay would there? Just venting a bit of steam as I have 530+ feeback and got my irst neutral from a buyer in Germany that claimed the item did not arrive and filed a case (this put a hold on my account for the value of the sale). He would not return emails though ebay. Since he bid on eBay.de I had to navigate all actions on the case in German via help with google translate. Nearly a month later, the item arrives, he closes the case and leaves neutral feedback whining about how long shipping took. It's a great system, I get less than perfect feedback and I can leave him positive or no feedback at all despite all the proof I have that I kept all commitments! I plan to discuss withe eBay, but I am sure that will lead nowhere. That's a great system.

By the way, seller beware of eBay member id coltthunderer

- Ron

I was left a neutral feedback, buyer stated I stole money with my insane shipping prices, I charged him $20 and it coast $19 to ship. :rolleyes:

(this is was a while back.)

Beats me how someone can knowingly buy a used combat helmet and then complain that there's a ding in it!!? :pinch: If it was a mint example, fair enough...but used? The guy must be a professional whiner! Hope you get it all resolved to your satisfaction soon.

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

I don't even recall a dent being on the helmet! I'm sure a small one, yes, but nothing major or I would have pictured it.

He used some crazy logic. I said in my description the helmet was in good used condition, which it is, then he said, this is him original email: "Tell me: If you bought a car and the person advertised it as complete and in good shape, then you brought it home, opened the trunk and saw it was rusty, would you be cool with the person you bought it from saying they never looked in the trunk and blamed you for not asking? Even though they advertised the car as complete and in good shape?"

.... -_-:rolleyes::dry::huh:

It worked out last night, after a almost a week, he's closed the ebay case and my money was returned, now he's saying that I sent him the $10 back a payment and not a refund, so paypal took 4 percent of the $10 and he wants that difference back for that as well! He also had the balls to tell me I was acting like a child. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not the first person he's done this too. :disgust:

His ebay ID is: antipathy

He's the first ebayer to make it to my block list and I've been on ebay since 2005, :thumbdown:

His ebay ID is: antipathy

He's the first ebayer to make it to my block list and I've been on ebay since 2005, :thumbdown:

You should have known by his name that he was going to be trouble! :w00t:

Antipathy: Normally defined as anger, hostility, fixed opposition, or disgust directed toward a particular person or thing.

Let me also add that I found a "It's your head keep it" booklet, that I tossed in as a bonus item, that he was completely unthankful for, some people really boggle my mind.

Let me also add that I found a "It's your head keep it" booklet, that I tossed in as a bonus item, that he was completely unthankful for, some people really boggle my mind.

That alone was worth a few bucks. I'd be to p...ed off for words.

Hello, I'm having a problem with a buyer on ebay, he got his item. (A Vietnam m1 helmet) but was going on about how the helmet shell had a small dent on the top, go figure a Vietnam war combat helmet having a ding on the top. :rolleyes: so he wanted $10 back, in which I said no. Which I think is understandable, then he send a ebay case on me sending an item not as described, stated he wanted a $10's back, so I figured if this guy needs $10 this badly and it will get him off my back I will send it the damn $10, NOW he has not closed the case with ebay, :think: and my $112 (original selling price of the helmet) is *Placed* meaning I don't have it, is this till he closes the case? What if he just doesn't close the case? Will they just give him his money back? In the report I sent a email to the case that I refunded him his requested $10 and I haven't heard anything back?

Anyone have a problem like this before?

His ebay report was that the item was not as described. But I don't understand why it's locking the funs in paypal?

Hes one of them guys that try to get what they want and keep the money to. Aslong as you respond to ebay`s resolution center as you said you did ,explaining that you ave him a refund you should be alright. I dont know how they can hold your 112.00 though.

I just dont understand Buyers like that you think he should be happy with his purchase an not being such an p **** your not going to ever get a mint Nam Helmet that has being in Combat unless it has being Un-Issued stock then it would be in Stone Mint Condition but who wants one of those i always like to get US Military Items that has the Being There Done That in War for my Collection big deal about a small Dint he should be gratefull for the price he only payed for it , It wasent a lot of money were talking about .

And you even gave him a Bonus Item now he is really an un-gratefull sod i absolutely HATE People like that causing problems for other people when there is no need for it at all..

I have never yet to this day ever giving out to a seller on EBay about one single Item i have always being happy with what i do purshase.

If i were you i would withdraw all the money out of your account just incase he trys to mess you around with as PayPal do it Automatically without telling you before hand i think id would look into that one... just my openion thats all.