Great score on eBay

TrenchfootJoe66

TrenchfootJoe66

Just recieved my latest score, A US, ARVN Ranger Advisor in 1/35th scale from Verlinden. I was super stoked to win this figue as it is out of production and can sometimes be very pricey. An added bonus was the set came w/ two figues instead of one, can you believe it ? The figure is from the days when Verlinden was still based in Belgium and the sculpts were much better. The seller has alot of older Verlinden sets for sale and the prices are very reasonable. Check him out, seller name is "customcarcareplus". I got the figure super quick too. I paid on Monday and it was on my doorstep when I got home today. As soon as I can get him painted up Ill post some pics here. The big task is going to be painting the proper ARVN "Invisible ERDL" pattern in a convincing way!! Im only just beginning to produce a half decent Tiger pattern.

Anders Heintz

A friend of mine works for Verlinden as their new in house sculptor, if you need anything let me know. As a side note, I used to work for VLS/Warriors back in the day before Squadron bought the company :) That's where I got my start as a commercial sculptor.

TrenchfootJoe66
A friend of mine works for Verlinden as their new in house sculptor, if you need anything let me know. As a side note, I used to work for VLS/Warriors back in the day before Squadron bought the company :) That's where I got my start as a commercial sculptor.

Thats cool, I hope to see some new Nam era figures from them. With all the SS figures they produce you would think they could branch out a little. Ive about maxed out the possible variations on the stuff thats still available. If you ever feel like sculpting some "custom" figures for me let me know LOL I would love to see some really nicely done SOG recon troopers. Im thinking about spending some serious money on the stuff coming from BRAVO-6. Ther line of SEAL figures is amazing work.

Anders Heintz

Yea the Bravo 6 figures are really well sculpted! You might also want to check out New World Miniatures who recently released a Vietnam era Green Beret figure.

TrenchfootJoe66
Yea the Bravo 6 figures are really well sculpted! You might also want to check out New World Miniatures who recently released a Vietnam era Green Beret figure.

Actually they released two I think. One with an M-16 and another one in an earlier uniform style with a carbine. Im not sure what I think of them. The scuplts arent bad but they dont look as nice as the BRAVO-6 guys. I dont miss much when it comes to Nam era figures. I tend to scour the internet lokking for new ones. Have you ever checked out Colorado Miniatures ? They carry alot of great stuff. Also I found a pretty cool forum called TimeLines that is all about figures. Still, no one but Dragon has done any MACV SOG figures and those are older injection molded sets with little to write home about. If someone doesnt release some SOG figures soon Im going to have to do serious bashing to create my own. Unfortunately Im not talented enough to try sculpting.

• 1 year later...