Help with uniforms

Banjo

Hello,

I have a question, is there a site that gives info on where and when a person was in a certain division. I ended up with 9 uniforms of my Great Uncle and there are patches missing and ribbons. I need to know the info so I can put back the correct patches on them. His name is A.T. Pumphrey. He served in WWII Korea and 2 Tours in Vietnam. I would put pictures on here but I have since gone to an Apple and I am not sure how to compress the pics. Thanks for your help. Chris

easterneagle87

More info...Was he Officer or Enlisted (or both?)

What branch of service? Since you said Division ...Army or Marines

What was his job? ; Infantry,..Armor,..Supply?

You can get close with ribbons just from your description;

WW2; American, Pacific, or European Theater(s), Victory Medal

Korean; Korean Service, UN Medal

National Defense, Occupational Medal

Vietnam; Vietnam Service, Republic of VN, Expeditionary Medal if he went prior to the VN Service medal be awarded.

Commendations? Good Conduct, ARCOM, Bronze Star, Purple Heart (if wounded)

Any beauty badges; CIB,

just a beginning, His DD214 will help

He retired as a Colonel. He was a Liason Pilot in WWII. He was in the Army. He was in the 1st Calvary, 9th Cav He was also a Master Aviator. 46 Air medals Silver Star 3 Legion of Merits. The list you have I believe he has them all. The list goes on. I can not figure out how to make the pics smaller so I can put them on the site. Thanks

easterneagle87

If you can scan the photos they should transfer. If you are downloading them, try openning them in Microsoft picture manager. Youcan edit and compress from there. Yes, the forum doen't like to many bites when it comes to photos.

There is a site called Rack builder.com, (look for the army site)That can put the medals in order and show you how they'd look. I don't think it will put on the oak clusters or numbers, but you'll see it's pretty cool.

If you can scan the photos they should transfer. If you are downloading them, try openning them in Microsoft picture manager. Youcan edit and compress from there. Yes, the forum doen't like to many bites when it comes to photos.

There is a site called Rack builder.com, (look for the army site)That can put the medals in order and show you how they'd look. I don't think it will put on the oak clusters or numbers, but you'll see it's pretty cool.

He said in his initial post he is running with an Apple. FT, if I remember correctly, there are a couple websites online that manage resizing images quickly. Your other option would be to upload via Photobucket or a similar free hosting site.

I for one would be interested in seeing what you have.

He said in his initial post he is running with an Apple. FT, if I remember correctly, there are a couple websites online that manage resizing images quickly. Your other option would be to upload via Photobucket or a similar free hosting site.

I for one would be interested in seeing what you have.

Thank you AustinO for the help

Wow! You've got some amazing aviation history in your family!

Thanks, he was some kind of Gentleman. They do not make them like that anymore.