Just got these badges today

wdphll

Hey guys, just got back from my aunts, she got these from her friend who knew I like military items. I know nothing about badges..so need a little help!

I know the first are engineer's wings..they are unmarked but seem to have more detail then the ones I found on the internet..does anyone know who the maker my be?

The second set is of course Navy..I am guessing submarine? Her friend says they are from her family members who served in WW2 but that is all she knew.

And the third badge..is it even military? No markings that I can find.

Thanks for any help!!!

Wade

post-577-1190155244.jpg

very nice sub badge! I love the patina. and it's a straight pin back!

the boxed set appears to be woman Navy WAVES officer insignia. I have a collar patch (enlisted) myself of the anchor over the propellor. Very nice set thumbsup.gif

pic 2

Hey Wade,

I believe your insignia in the box to be from the US Maritime Service.The anchor below with the USN is a Chief Petty Officers insignia for the visor cap.the Maritime Service insignia is viewable in 1943 National Geographics magazine addition on insignias.At the time I cant get mine as it was pitched out from 12 inches of water damage this summer.Take care,

RON

Hey Wade,

I believe your insignia in the box to be from the US Maritime Service.The anchor below with the USN is a Chief Petty Officers insignia for the visor cap.the Maritime Service insignia is viewable in 1943 National Geographics magazine addition on insignias.At the time I cant get mine as it was pitched out from 12 inches of water damage this summer.Take care,

RON

here is the page from NAT GEO that was mentioned, I believe.

post-1604-1190679797.jpg

I know the first are engineer's wings..they are unmarked but seem to have more detail then the ones I found on the internet..does anyone know who the maker my be?

Here's a page with lots of Flight Engineer's wings - maybe you can find a match: http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/usaaf/usaaff...tengineer.shtml

Thanks guys for all your help...proves what a great site this is!!!

About those wings..I did find that page also, but nothing matches..the closest is the 6th one down..but even that does not have the detail mine has..it is close but mine has detail inside the propeller hub..I can not make that out on any wing I have seen so far.

Again thanks for all your help!

Wade