AAF DISPLAY

dustin

nice to have othe AAC collectors,feel free to share your collection as I would enjoy seeing it.This is a little taste of a AAF display I did in my house though there is M-1 helmets all my other gear were in footlockers.My main focus anymore is rescue and emergency equipment.

post-56-1167790275.jpg

post-56-1167790303.jpg

Good stuff! Excellent collection...

Can we possibly get a closer look at those patches on the wall?

Fade to Black...

Charlie Flick

Hey Dustin:

Nice to see you over here. Great stuff in your collection; we are all green with envy. Thanks for the post.

One of these days we should start a thread on signal projectors (flare pistols) as that is a subject that gets little attention but is interesting nonetheless.

Charlie

Hey Dustin:

Nice to see you over here. Great stuff in your collection; we are all green with envy. Thanks for the post.

One of these days we should start a thread on signal projectors (flare pistols) as that is a subject that gets little attention but is interesting nonetheless.

Charlie

charlie that sounds great! I have only the hand projector's and other smoke and star signals no pistols.If you start a thread I would surely add to it.

for those who requested a closer look at the squadron insignia.All are aviation except the MTB squadron RKO studio marked.

post-56-1167866901.jpg

Great Display!

Hum, collection displayed upstairs in a room with a window? You must be single :-)

I am not single anymore!!! no more fun like this anymore!

here are some close ups of the shelves

post-56-1167867214.jpg

post-56-1167867232.jpg

Very nice shelves. What is the origin of the blue water desalter kit? I've only seen gray and orange before now.

Mike the blue kits are AAF the grey are navy and the orange are the MK-2 but I think the early MK-2's are yellow?!.Both the blue AAF and the grey USN or actually bureau of aeronautics both of these are WWII, the MK-2 is a 1950 or 49 adoption.On the bottom of the blue can it is marked "property Air Forces Us Army".The desalting kits were originaly adopted by the navy in november 1943 and by early 1944 by the AAF why the different colors I have no idea as they both have the same exact components.

• 1 year later...
Johnny Signor
thumbsup.gif
nice to have othe AAC collectors,feel free to share your collection as I would enjoy seeing it.This is a little taste of a AAF display I did in my house though there is M-1 helmets all my other gear were in footlockers.My main focus anymore is rescue and emergency equipment.
thumbsup.gif Hey Dustin I really liked seeing the patches you have ,I'm a artist of reproduction WW2 USAAF etc flying unit patches,I do real good work if you ever need repros look me up,Johnny Signor [email protected] Happy collecting