List Of Known Helmet Painters, Fakers, Refurbishers, Recreationists and Forgers

HoovieDude

As I keep seeing the same questions arising over and over again, concerning certain individuals on ebay who offer up painted , "fixed" , refurbished, and put together helmets and uniforms , I thought perhaps a list of those known might be beneficial to folks who are starting this hobby. And hopefully prevent them from dumping their hard earned cash on trash being sold as original later in some cases.

Dubious Artists

mr.ciak and mr.jingol = both from Italy, and believed by many to be the same person under different accounts, often believed to be using other shill accounts to drive up bids.

fantasio and pierlien2 = Belgium. Again, both believed to be the same person(s) under account. Both helmets and uniforms of outright fake, and dubious natures.

jrleigh = USA. Has a seemingly empty chest of his fathers and mothers helmet collection of rare and sought after helmets. None of which are believed to be original period work, but of his own hands.

charlottstown UK. Has had many outright fake and fantasy helmets of various eras.

Painters/Refurbishers/fixers

easy_green = USA. Helmets. While his work is not offered as altogether original, there are already cases of it being passed on as original to unknowing and uneducated individuals. Has also used the name: garbage_girl

fallschirmjager.biz = UK. Refurbishes and fixes original helmet shells using post war and refurbished parts, creating helmets resulting in aged and relic like condition. Nice work, but can be passed on as original by others later.

fallschirmjager

bellasunrize USA - replica helmets/paintwork

505th82ndairborne USA - replica helmets/paintwork

jmurray_inc_1944 USA - replica helmets/paintwork

co.b_collectibles USA - replica helmets/paintwork

Top-pots ...Australia. Offers a range of "bespoke" re-furbished helmets on eBay. Not trying to fool anyone but the products could be passed off as originals somewhere down the line.

Sabrejet

• 2 months later...

I received a request to post the "Sutherland Brothers". while Gary Sutherland is no longer creating these and Larry Sutherland has passed away, a lot of their early creations(which they marked as such) are now floating around being tauted as the real deal. Look for the Sutherland stamp on the liners.

• 3 months later...

A new one added here to an old faker: Pierlien2 who also goes by: Fantasio10a2 has now added: Supersquader to his list of eBay alias's

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

All the names listed here have been discussed many times before on this forum, some more than others. The idea of a list of those who sell these helmets is needed but, it does seem to inflame a lot of strong feelings. So, this thread has been cleaned up, pinned and closed to further discussion. It will remain only as a reference. If you have a name to add here, contact one of the moderators and we will consider adding the name to this list.

• 9 years later...

***UPDATE NOTICE*** 

In light of recent events with one of our own members knowingly selling a fake, I have now moved this thread back to the top.

Since this thread was created, many other fakers have appeared on the market. I have unlocked and unpinned this thread for a short time. In order for you all to add known fakers to the list.

I will also be adding links to threads in which fakes have been discussed.

• 2 weeks later...