Here is a a nurses or red cross workers cap I purchased this weekend...

kfields

While out visiting my 86 year old father this past weekend on the family farm in northwestern Illinois, I stopped at an out-of-the-way antique store and this hat was on the shelf so I bought it. As always, I have questions.

I think this is WWI era, right? Is this for a "canteen worker" or the ladies who wrapped bandages?

The hat itself is in pretty good shape as you can see in the photos. Some of that brownish discoloration is present on the white part that one sees on old cotton cloth but not all that bad.

Thanks!

Kim

post-60-1297653565.jpg

post-60-1297653576.jpg

fraukriegbaum

This is probably from 1925 to WWII but not WWI.

At first glance on the pic, i will say this is an ARC Production Corps (made sweaters, bandages, etc.); bright dark blue in color.

It could be a Canteen Corps (medium blue color) too.

It depends on how true or how close the color of your pic to your orig hat/cap.

Thanks,

fraukriegbaum

Will do.

For what it's worth, the blue coloring as it came across in the image here is extremely close to the actually color and shade. I'll show a shot of the inside soon. It is a different color on the inside, more like a purple. Strange.

forthworthgal: can you elaborate on what Production Corps is/means?

Thanks all!

Kim

Here's the inside of the hat, more of a lavendar colored material. I wonder if the young lady made it herself?

Also I did a little research on "Production Corps" and its' meaning. Very interesting!

Kim

post-60-1298167961.jpg

post-60-1298167973.jpg