A nice original pair of USMC P42 camos

Corpsmancollector

Corpsmancollector

Hi all,

Here's one of my recent pickups, an original set of USMC P42 camos. The jacket shows moderate wear but still holds a good, strong colour. The snaps are Rau Fastener marked on the reverse and the USMC and EGA pocket stencil are still prominent. There's a small stitch repair to one of the arms and a couple of minor stains, but it's still in good condition. The pants on the other hand are almost mint. They have unmarked snaps (which we know existed but aren't the most common type of snaps on original USMC camos) but show some very slight corrosion on the male portion of the snap. There's also some very slight wear to the backside on the beach side. Although the condition of the pants is much better than the jacket, the colour is very similar and they match quite well. I'd imagine they were from similar dye lots.

Hope you all enjoy these as much as I do :thumbsup:

As always, comments welcome

Will

post-5339-1297200763.jpg

post-5339-1297200775.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Here's a nice first pattern camo helmet cover to go with the set, it's unissued and unused. The piece shows that not all camo matches in colour, the cover exhibits a more turquoise green where as the pants are jacket have a more yellow background colour.

post-5339-1297201236.jpg

post-5339-1297201267.jpg

Corpsmancollector
coolness !!!

those pants have a great colorway ......

well done mate on a killer set .

owen

Thanks O :thumbsup:

The pants are very similar to your unused set if I remember rightly. The one with the jacket, pants and cover all named to one Marine.

I've been after a set of P42s for some time now, so I was stoked to add this set to my collection!

Will

Hey William,

Thats a great set of WWII USMC P42 Cammo you have got there Love the fully Complete set of Cammo

Congrats on the Find for your Collection Excellent Very Nice to see and thanks for sharing it well done :) :thumbsup:

Hopefully some day il have a complete set just like that..

Regards from across the lake,

Tomás :thumbsup:

Corpsmancollector
Very nice Will...particularly the cover. The lad done good...as the saying goes!

Ian :thumbsup:

Thanks Ian! Glad you like the cover...You know I like yours! :lol: :thumbsup:

Will

Corpsmancollector
Hey William,

Thats a great set of WWII USMC P42 Cammo you have got there Love the fully Complete set of Cammo

Congrats on the Find for your Collection Excellent Very Nice to see and thanks for sharing it well done :) :thumbsup:

Hopefully some day il have a complete set just like that..

Regards from across the lake,

Thanks for your kind comments Tomas, I'm glad you like the set!

Will

Corpsmancollector

Awww, you guys... ^_^

Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated. I worked hard to hunt down a set and I'm glad the hard work paid off.

The colour on the pants is beautiful, really fresh and clean :thumbsup:

Will

Awww, you guys... ^_^

Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated. I worked hard to hunt down a set and I'm glad the hard work paid off.

The colour on the pants is beautiful, really fresh and clean :thumbsup:

Will

Corpsmancollector,

Really nice set of original USMC camouflage! You can't get much better than that. Glad you were able to finally track down a nice original set that's very hard to come by these days.

Thanks for your kind comments Tomas, I'm glad you like the set!

Will

Your Very Welcome Will :)

No problem very nice complete set for sure and a great piece of USMC History.

Best Regards

USMC RAIDER COLLECTOR

Congrats on your USMC camo. I have seen some of the snaps that were marked but were so heavily coated with finish that they were almost impossible to see the markings.

Corpsmancollector
Congrats on your USMC camo. I have seen some of the snaps that were marked but were so heavily coated with finish that they were almost impossible to see the markings.

Many thanks Raider Collector. I can understand that, as the finish on the pant snaps is quite thick, where as the rau fastener snaps on the jacket are very worn and a dull silver in colour as you can see from the photo.

I think we've mentioned this before, but have you seen many Scovill snaps on original USMC camos? I remember a previous discussion but couldn't recall the outcome (and couldn't find the thread). I had a close look at my repro camos from The Pacific and they have Scovill snaps but you can tell the difference between them and an original straight away.

Thanks for you comment :thumbsup:

Will

Corpsmancollector
Wow WILL !!! That is a good score:)) P42 ! Great addition to Your USMC collection for sure!!!

Cheers,

Jerry

Thanks J, I finally got around to taking those pictures! :lol:

Will