Need info on ribbon bars still in package/loose

Grebo

Hello,

I recently purchased a bag full of ribbon bars from an estate and there were a few of these brand new ribbon bars but not sure who the company is/was or age. There is a National Defense bar, WW2 victory bar, Army Commendation bar and a WW2 OCC. in this type of packaging. I also got some brand new bars in Vanguard packages, Korean Service, American Campaign, National Defense, Bronze Star and WW2 Victory bar. Also in the bag were some loose bars with most having NS MEYER on back; Korean Service bar(NS Meyer) w/3 stars, Pacific Campaign w/1 star, American Campaign (NS MEYER), WW2 Victory(NS MEYER), Philippine Independence(NS MEYER), UN Korean Service(NS MEYER), Purple Heart(has V-21, no NS MEYER, missing device), Army Commendation(NS MEYER, missing devices), Philippine Liberation(has 2 A's on back), Bronze Star Medal(NS MEYER) and Legion of Merit. Thanks,

- Grebo

EDIT: Forgot to mention these are rack sliding back type.

th_Picture025.jpg

• 7 months later...

The ribbon in the picture was made by NS Meyer. They went out business in the late 1980's or there abouts. I believe Vanguard bought all their stock.

Jim

MilitaryWired

They were purchased by Vanguard in the late 90's. Vanguard actually acquired very little N.S. Meyer Stock, relative to what was available. Vanguard only kept what they knew they could sell and most of N.S. Meyer's stock was purchased by a private individual... I'm talking pallets, and pallets of insignia. There were other smaller lots that were divided up among other people, but a majority went to 1 individual.

shrapneldude

Agree with what MilitaryWired said - I see at some of the bigger shows, guys with boxes upon boxes of assorted NS Meyer insignia, new old stock stuff. Most of what shows up in great quantity now is just ROTC and military school type stuff, but there's still tons of it floating around. It's slowly been sold off by private individuals.