Could There Be More Than One?

The tailor who inked the name, probably did both at the same time. :think:

To my eye, they are the same exact uniform in each pic.

Even the oakleaves and stars on the ribbons are in the same place. The writing on the tags are identical.

This is the same uniform.

donation2011.gifdonation2018.gif

There is a tailor tag in BOTH, and BOTH are slightly detached. :think

The one from Missouri sold for $95, but you can get the officer's other one from California for $149 - you may get it a little cheaper as this is the 3d time it is being listed.

JEFF

The only difference I can see at all is on the tailor tag inside the jacket.

The stitching at the top of the tag has a little wider spacing above the name of the tailor than the other.

Specifically, the green thread above the 'Fenn-Feinstein'.....

donation2011.gifdonation2018.gif

Ok this is a little freaky.... I saw the post the other day. I didn't know the Post Office was THAT good.....

Paul Conrad
Still looking for quality wings!

www.conradwings.com
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

I am bored prefixing everything I say with "I think" or "in my opinion".
Everything I say is my opinion; the only thing of which I am certain is that there is very little of which one can be certain.

Another possiible solution to the mystery is that someone is using the photo's of an auction other than their own. Perhaps they are selling one similar saw the phot and grabbed it to use on their auction.

Possible??

The dead know only one thing... It is better to be alive!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

What if someone with a link to the new listing asked the seller what the scoop is? Odds that it's just some random coincidence is too much to fathom. They must be aware of the "other" jacket and how "they" tie in together.

The beatings will continue until morale has improved..

Another possiible solution to the mystery is that someone is using the photo's of an auction other than their own. Perhaps they are selling one similar saw the phot and grabbed it to use on their auction.

Possible??

Could be although I would say that the original seller had a friend put in a few bids to up the price, the friend ended up winning and is now re-listing it for the original seller. Or am I just being cynical :ermm:??

Rob

Rob Cawte

Interested in buying AIR CORPS items, particularly 8th and 9th AAF id'd medals, uniforms/groupings

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

What if someone with a link to the new listing asked the seller what the scoop is? Odds that it's just some random coincidence is too much to fathom. They must be aware of the "other" jacket and how "they" tie in together.

Looks like both are militaria dealers - the one states he has some sale represent him and list his items, so maybe party a is not talking to party b. BUT,... if the one sold yesterday, why relist the other 19 hrs ago.

The Misssouri tunic for $95 had only one bid; as I mentioned the CA tunic is listed for $149 has been lsited 3 times - no bidders.

On EBAY, its on page 2 of newly listed US uniforms.

JEFF

The seller of the jacket yesterday is also member here, and believe they also run and operate AGM, and is a stand up seller. I have made several purchases from them with no problem.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

I thought I had replied to a thread about this yesterday - but don't see it here any longer.

Guys, this is a classic case of what happens when you sell something at a show, but don't properly record the item number. I sold a large number of AAF & RAF uniforms at Bob's show in Pomona and then more that following weekend in Nashville. Got home, marked the 'sold' items as such in the database, and the survivors ended up on eBay. Unfortunately, so did this one which was actually sold in Pomona.

The really pathetic thing is that the fellow who purchased it on eBay emailed me early on in the sale to point out that there were two uniforms from the same soldier for sale at the same time, and I thought that we had inadvertently broken up a group. This uniform came to us as part of a collection that filled our 15-foot box truck from front to back, floor to ceiling, and accidentally breaking up groups has been one of my concerns while we process the material. So, I had every chance in the world to realize my error and end the auction, but the lightbulb did not go off over my head until I was searching the uniform racks for this guy's coat in order to ship it out. (D'OH!)

Fortunately the gentleman who bought the coat was indeed just that, and when I explained my stupid mistake he was very nice about it. I hope we get a chance again soon to show him that we have our act together - most of the time.

Same thing happened with a M41 that I sold to Bob at the same show, then it ended up on our Holiday Sale catalog because the computer saw it as "available."

We'll also use it as a training exercise for Show-of-Shows. Easier to be appropriately harsh about the degree of stupidity in a mistake when it is my own that I am using as an example! Everybody at AGM will get the lecture about how critically important it is to record a tag number when an item sells at a show so that it does not show up as 'available' in our computer again.

In the meantime, I've been curious - has anybody clicked the "get more size information" link on any of those uniform auctions???? :unsure:

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I thought I had replied to a thread about this yesterday - but don't see it here any longer.

You did cause I read it yesterday?

(Not to get off-topic here, but Jeff was that the holodeck on the "test" cover today?) :think:

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

(Not to get off-topic here, but Jeff was that the holodeck on the "test" cover today?) :think:

Live long and prosper! It is indeed. Couldn't find a clean enough image of the holodeck, so we just built one in Photoshop.

test_lg.jpg

I wasted a lot of time creating that image that I should have been spending on the test itself, but once you start, you can't stop. We have had that for several years, and you will see it from time to time when we are installing upgrades, or trying to hunt down particularly ugly bugs.

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Ha! I thought it was.

Maybe too many hours of TNG. :thumbsup:

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif