WW2 Paratrooper Jump Boots Airborne

TMCA05

I need help identifying some possible WW2 jump boots. A friend of mine and I purchased a large collection together and now we must divide it up. We are trying to figure out if these are original WW2 jump boots, and what the rough value might be on them. They will not be for sale, we are just trying to put a fair value on them for means of splitting up the collection evenly.

They appear to be about 10 inches tall and have the 10 lace hoes up each side. They may have been died black and then back to brown again, it’s hard to really tell. Inside the tongue they are marked Provost USA Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave

post-2967-1297130548.jpg

• 2 years later...
1st.marine.captain.17

These would have cost somewhere around US$250 - US$500 for their condition. Stuff papers and fabric inside so that they look straight and healthy. Brush them often with shoe brush, but do not treat them with anything at all. A constant wipe down with a damp rag and occasional buffing would preserve them for ages to come.

• 3 weeks later...
187thAirborne

Had jump boots from '56, then had to dye them black in '58 when the brown shoe army went black shoe army. In later years tried to remove the black dye. ruined boots in the process. Check for maker: Corcoran. Those about the only jump boots worn by airborne.

Your boots don't appear having been blackl................

These boots wont be marked Corcoran.They are WW2 Army contract boots and have the US ARMY marked sole as well as the USA in the arch.