WWII SIGNAL OFFICER UNIFORM

cpatrick

Here's a nice 1942 dated "M1942" officer's uniform, complete with the officer's "pinks" trousers. The trousers are named to a Major Thomas. (Coincidentally, my last name - :lol: ) He was an Army Photographer, and based on the ribbon bars, he spent some time in the Philippines, and with the star, he probably took part in the initial invasion. Nice boullion MUC & overseas bars for one year service. (Or, since these were awarded for every six months service overseas, he could have served over a year, but not one year, six months) The woman that this came from was suppose to give me his shirt and tie, and she never called me back.

Chris

post-548-1189975568.jpg

post-548-1189975589.jpg

I have to wonder why a major would be a photographer? I've never seen an officer rated as one.

Thanks for showing this one to us. Do you have any info on the man?

Allan

Thanks Allan,

I have no information, I just know him as "Major Thomas", and I think that there may be a partial serial number there as well. Other than that, not much to say about him. Although I have not seen many officer ranking photographers, I don't see why one could not be a photographer.

Chris

Since combat photographer was chiefly the responsibility of the US Signal Corps, these photographer's would obviously have a superior. Here is a great site, detailing the photographers of the 3rd ID. The photo that I have referenced here, shows some officer's of the Signal Co. that was in charge of photography...

http://www.dogfacesoldiers.org/photographers/xxxx-33.htm