Let's See Some Posters

swordfish

I don't collect posters but this is one I'd love to find... even as a repro...

P40poster.jpg

Fade to Black...

Here's a smaller (9 X 13) type poster, or whatever you want to call it. My dad recalled all the graduates receiving one of these after he earned his "wings" at the U.S. Navy's Air Gunners School graduation at Jacksonville, Florida in February 1945.

Considering all the stuff he brought back and gave away or tossed, he's surprised that he kept this document.

This was printed by the U.S. Government Printing Office in 1944:

post-60-1167871730.jpg

Here's a photo of his certificate:

post-60-1167871846.jpg

My dad ended up as a door gunner on a Martin Mariner in the Pacific.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a couple including the "Americans will always fight for liberty"...

This was always one of my favorites and I was really happy when I was able to get one for my collection..

post-79-1169337147.jpg

General Apathy

post-344-1169342760.jpg

Hi Swordfish and fellow contibutors, This is one of my favourites partly due to it's WAAC content, also it's size and the fact that it's an advertising calender for ' Ditzler Automotive Finishes' Available from ' M.Werner & Sons, Distributors, Sandwich, ILL. Phone 229'. the calender is dated 1943. The WAAC officer has early uniform on with Hobby hat, square handbag, belted jacket and shoulder flaps running back and front, not along the shoulder. It also shows a staff car to the left, aJeep to the right and a B-17 in the air, products that they supplied paint etc for. It measures 48 x 24 inches. Cheers ( Lewis )

p.s. sorry for the angle of the shot it's in a corridor on the way to the bathroom.

General Apathy

post-344-1169343074.jpg

Hi All, here's another favourite and it's all down to those beautiful little faces, they are pure fantasy, who would not get better with little beauties like this fluttering around the ward. Cheers ( Lewis )

• 2 weeks later...
General Apathy

camopara, thanks for the request to show the Paramarine smock, when the little turkey has stopped smiling at the girl in the poster I will get him to pose for some, next couple of days. I will also add a few other ParaMarine bits. Cheers ( Lewis )

• 2 months later...

I have the first one posted with the d-day pratroopers and Washington on it. It's a repo though. I also have one on the home page. The B-17 one.

Sincerely,

AndrewA74