Marine Corps League

pchepurko

I am, but not active. I joined up back in PA in 2005. Needless to say, I haven't been able to attend the meetings, but believe I'm still a member there since the fees are covered for active duty. I've been to a function, was a fantastic experience

I have been a member since 2004 (Past Commandant) September 11th Detachment, Department of Florida

Not very active but I still attend some of the meetings

Bill

I started out in the Marine PLC program back in 1974 - ended up not making it through the flight program and was discharged from the USMCR as PV1 Mark Volk. I still have my discharge certificate. :lol:

Based on that, and the fact that my dad was a Marine Corps Korean Conflict vet, I make a donation every year to our local MCL detachment.

• 1 month later...

I'm a Life Member & Past Commandant of McLemore Det. Houston, Tx

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE" :salute:

Semper Fi......Bobgee

• 1 year later...

There is no Marine Reserve Center close by to our county (Berrien) here in southwest Michigan. So, our main function is to run Toys For Tots each year. This gives us one good reason for being. The League is also a place to get together and enjoy a cold one with our brothers and exchange war stories. We celebrate the Marine Corps Birthday and on occasion participate in a parade or two. The League is also involved in Young Marines and various veterans programs. All this reinforces the overwhelming pride I have and the privilege of being a member in the world's finest military organization. I encourage anyone qualified to join to do so. I'm glad I got my Life Membership when I did, it's worth it. Once a Marine, Always a Marine.