Aussie Modified M37s

Brig

Here's an interesting set that's gonna set the critics off. Just got this in, you may have seen it on eBay. Came from a non-military dealer, with a set of plastic collars, and the pics on the auction were just getting the job done, nothing too fancy. All of that leads me to believe these were not made to con, esp. since they weren't romantically listed. Yes, these are the Aussie/British style...but because of WWII, I believe Aussie modified.

The posts were one time removed well, and Aussie-style pins were soldered on neatly. Additionally, I think the emblems were dipped in a silver wash/brushed, as they have a much more silver appearance than your average M37s. It's completely done, not chipped, making me think it was done to add flash to them for wear. Nicely done

Personally, I think this was period done either as a repair or by someone who just liked the style. I guess you could argue 'trenched', or boredom. I'm fairly sure they weren't churning these out in mass, and I can't figure out why they'd have dress emblems over there, unless perhaps they're actually service beneath the silver. And I know some out there probably think these are fakes or fantasies and the such, but I'm happy with them.

Any other opinions welcome. I think they make an interesting conversation piece

100_9947.JPG

teufelhunde.ret
Any other opinions welcome. I think they make an interesting conversation piece

B... MOST interesting, I think your theory is as good a assumption and any others. Certainly ranks up there with other "unique" conversations / repairs I've seen... borne of necessity... someone who just had to have (or do)something different? BTW, I've seen pinback Firman bars that have that same (similiar) loop hardware / pin. However do not have ready example to show. Thx for posting! s/f D.

Brig,

I have a collar emblem that has the same type of midification and the patina is the same as yours i will try and take a photo and post for comparison.

I look forward to seeing it. Perhaps a Marine got it done, went back to camp and his buddies wanted in on the party.