What type of aircraft?

Nkomo

Have had this for awhile and was wondering if any of you might know what type of aircraft it came from? Next, is it US? Any help is greatly appreciated!

mystuff_019.jpg

mystuff_020.jpg

Unless there is some sort of data plate on your airplane part, it is going to be very difficult, if not impossible, to determine what kind of aircraft it came from.

The bullet hole looks more like a stress crack that migrated around a rivet hole in such a manner that the rivet fell out.

Steve

The bullet hole looks more like a stress crack that migrated around a rivet hole in such a manner that the rivet fell out.

Steve

Agree with Steve. That's not a bullet hole.

• 3 months later...
Have had this for awhile and was wondering if any of you might know what type of aircraft it came from? Next, is it US? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello, check the part carefully looking for any numbers that may appear stamped or printed on the part. If you can come up with one part number I may be able to tell you which manufacturer it came from, possibly which aircraft program. To me this looks more moderen and most likely from a fuel tank area. The sealant (probably still pliable) and the paint will obscure most numbers, but it is worth a try. All parts are numbered that werent "stock" rivets, fastners and such, even they have numbers but with many vendors and users.

Cheers, Dave

• 1 month later...

That appears to be a portion of a wing. The brown stuff painted over the fasteners is PRC sealant, used for sealing wet areas on the wing containing fuel. I think it may be part of a close-out rib.

It's relatively current Americam manufacture based on the fasteners I see. It could be military or civilian.