A 2 jacket Flying tigers ? help

ITALIANWARFRONT

ITALIANWARFRONT

I was offered this jacket but I'm not a real expert on this and the seller wants me to make an offer.

Can you guys please help me at least to know if is real or rare?

The label is not inside under the collar but on the inside lower left side.

Zipper is Talon

Thank you

Giorgio

post-2250-1296595396.jpg

WW2 A2s were typically lined with russet cotton. This example appears to be rayon, like a USN G-1. Also, for an allegedly WW2 vintage item it looks to be in good shape..almost too good. Proceed with care in the absence of provenance. Could be a commercial copy.

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

The leather shell and patches look fine and original . It has been re-lined and someone took the spec label and had it re-attached when it was relined.

Zipper and waistband looks replaced too. I cant see the cuffs but I bet they are too.

Kurt

Hmmm, Ding How was a name for a B29 in the 20th AF if I remember correctly. :ermm: I still have one of their patches and group photo at home. I can check on it tonite when I get home. Cannot add much more on the jacket itself...

regards,

pat

Hmmm, Ding How was a name for a B29 in the 20th AF if I remember correctly. :ermm: I still have one of their patches and group photo at home. I can check on it tonite when I get home. Cannot add much more on the jacket itself...

regards,

pat

I remember there was a Ding How too, now that you mention it. They were also in the CBI before the 20th AF moved to the Marianas. Could easily have been a blood chit on the jacket. I had a jacket once to a B-29 unit that had a nice blood chit on it with a chinese language name tag too.

The chit doesnt look fake to me, but it does have less wear than the other patches. With it pressing against a seat from time to time since its on the back, you would expect wear.

Kurt

Okay, let me put my glasses on :blink: Extremely rare CBI-made flight jacket patch for the B-29 "Ding How" of the 676th BS, 444th BG, 20th AF. One of the first B-29's to see action - notice photo with early paint scheme. All but 3 members of crew died in crash of their second B-29, "Wing Ding". The patch above is obviously missing the small round 20th AF insignia, but from all respects looks identical. Patch is the prize here, unless you can also confirm the jacket as one of the crew members. See following pics...jps

post-3673-1296607770.jpg

ITALIANWARFRONT
And wartime crew photo! If that patch was complete, :jeal0001: Even as is, attractive. Hope this helps, G...

post-3673-1296608143.jpg

Thank you for the help,

Giorgio