Unmarked Pilot wing

Guest Nine-O-Nine

Guest Nine-O-Nine

Hello guys,

This wing is for sale,but it is unmarked,can anyone tellme if this wing is of WW2 vintage??Thanks for looking.

http:/

p1100785.jpg

p1100786.jpg

p1100789.jpg

armillary_journey

Well this is coming from a guy who don't know Jack, but, it looks well detailed in the shield, because the back is not marked does not disqualify it from being a WW2 pilots wing. Possible that it could be post war, but I wouldn't be sure. It's a nice old wing, I want to say it's real, but then, I don't know Jack's son either. The wing kings will be back later today, check your post about 5 or 6 pm today, tuesday, and you should have some educated information on this wing. Thanks for showing it to the group.

militarymodels

It's hard to tell for sure if these wings are WW2 period or not because they were made during and after the war as well. For those unmarked WW2 period wings, although they are unmarked but most of them are sterling. I've had several of these unmarked wings and sterling tested a couple them, they were sterling indeed. It's easier to tell when you handle them personally. These wings are not so popular among the collectors because of the unmark reason but they do have characters IMO.

regards,

Lonny

you say this wing is for sale. Not sure if your selling or thinking of buying. If your after a ww2 era pilot, clutch back, go for short posts, hand solderd without the little nail heads [i believe they were introduced very late war].

This wing could be from the late 40s, early 50s pre introduction of the I.O.H. code system, however if made from a pot metal with a grey painted reverse[which it looks like it could be to me] it could be much later.

Graham

you say this wing is for sale. Not sure if your selling or thinking of buying. If your after a ww2 era pilot, clutch back, go for short posts, hand solderd without the little nail heads [i believe they were introduced very late war].

This wing could be from the late 40s, early 50s pre introduction of the I.O.H. code system, however if made from a pot metal with a grey painted reverse[which it looks like it could be to me] it could be much later.

Graham

Classic WWII- late 50's "graduation" or issue wing. Not especially rare (can easily be found in the 20-50$ range), and no way to really know for sure when it was made beyond some vague generalizations. But it is what it is.

Patrick

Personally, I tend to shy away from wings with findings attached via electrolysis.

I am with Graham, that I would look for a wing with the pool of solder at the base of the

post, provided you are looking for a WWII era wing.

As Patrick mentioned, you can find a nice WWII era Issue/Graduation Wing of that type, for about $50.

Cheers, John

Thanks for letting me know also!

Anyway the back of the wing is not painted and is for sale for 25,- euro, a decent price I think!

Regards, Sebas