WW1 Patches - Non-Bullion

trenchbuff

The response to the first thread on WW1 bullion patches was great! Some really beautiful and exciting patches were posted and I certainly appreciate all the great participation from everyone. Although there's a few books on the subject, there were patches and variations posted on this forum that have never been published before and as someone who really loves WWI patches, it was a privilege to see them. I'm kicking off this thread to cover those patches that did not use bullion in their construction. During WW1 there was no standard for patch construction and they range from the crude to works of art. Although it may be an exaggeration to say that the number and variation is endless, I think you might be surprised at just how many there actually were. Just as in later wars, you will find patches from recognizable divisions to units that few have ever heard of. Please feel free to post whatever you have! I think it would only be fair to start with the 1st Division, the "Big Red One". So here we go....

post-944-1296000876.jpg

post-944-1296000886.jpg

Manchu Warrior

I only own a couple of WWI patches and I thought I had photos of them all. However, this is the only photo I can find.

post-1412-1296058951.jpg

WOW...thanks for sharing the 2nd division stuff...those are some incredible patches. That 2nd Engineers is really unique!!!!!

Thanks for giving us our daily fix of militaria....more....more!!!!!!

WOW...thanks for sharing the 2nd division stuff...those are some incredible patches. That 2nd Engineers is really unique!!!!!

Thanks for giving us our daily fix of militaria....more....more!!!!!!

Thanks Wes! I think this thread should grow to a pretty good size over the coming days! You'll have to add some of your pieces too.