G.I. toiletry roll.

Sabrejet

I accumulated the items which comprise this WW2 GI's toiletry-roll over a period of time. All of the items are of WW2 era vintage and are unused. Some of them are G.I. issue, others are commercial items which would have been available at the PX. The OD toilet roll itself was designed to be worn around the waist, thus giving the G.I. easy access to its contents whilst attending to his ablutions.

post-8022-1290348978.jpg

Great Post! I've often wondered about the personal gear used by soldiers. It seems the variations in razors or shaving brushes alone could fill several shelves in a junque room. Thanks for sharing.

oz

Funny this should come up. Just two days ago a buddy was quizzing me about what I thought would be the proper deodorant for his WWII USN sea bag display. Yeah, I know, swabbies don't stink! :lol:

Anyhow, I think Old Spice stick was around then. Any other brands? For that matter, did men use deodorant back then or is its use up to today the result of post-war advertising?

Tom

Thanks 17th/Sgt. An interesting question! For sure "Old Spice" was around then but I don't know of any proprietary deodorant per-se! I've never encountered such a product from the WW2 period myself, but maybe others have?!

Sabrejet :think:

SaberJet, Nice kit!! I love the hygiene kit sub category of WWII collecting. As far as deodorant is concerned, PRIM was the brand I am aware of that was used. Here is an image of what a jar looks like among some other items.

Bob

post-299-1290363470.jpg

Ian, Here they are along with a Pro-Kit for treating the clap. FYI. I don't know if Peacocks is the brand or the size they fit. LOL.

BTW. I started a thread on hygiene items awhile ago and it is currently in the reference section. Here is the link for your viewing pleasure. http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=1386

Bob

post-299-1290372780.jpg

post-299-1290372796.jpg