Help for identify a WWII USAF shirt

jumillavino

jumillavino

Hi, i'm a new member of this site and i need some help to identify the origin and age of an article;

> I bought by ebay a us air force shirt of WWII and i

> would like to known if is original and the age of this article. These

> are the photos:

>

> http://rapidshare.com/files/219050481/camisa.doc

At first is curious that the button was the model "Burst of glory" used in the WWII ARMY uniforms, but the insignia is of major sergeant of us air force. The shirt dont have any label. ¿is it a reproduction?

>

> Thanks a lot.

jumillavino
It looks good to me. I'm sure mechanics in the USAF would of used what was available to them in the 1950's.

-Ski

Hi Ski, are you sure this shirt belongs to a mechanics? the insignia in the sleeve come from a Major Sergeant. ¿?

Thanks for your comment.

You are right, with that much rank he would have been in some sort of supervisory position but no way to tell just what job it was.

Hi Ski, are you sure this shirt belongs to a mechanics? the insignia in the sleeve come from a Major Sergeant. ¿?

Thanks for your comment.

Even line supervisors would wear fatigues like that. Believe me, I get my BDU's dirty looking over a completed job. The shirt is good to go. As mentioned above, I agree that he could of been in any job, not just a mechanic.

-Ski

The shirt is a nice example of a korean war era shirt.I have one very much like it and have had a set of hbt coveralls(metal 13 star button WW2 production) with the same syle rank insignia.Not uncommon to see these in the period from 1947 through the Korean War.

I should add the pattern of the shirt is a post WW2 pattern having the smaller pockets but using the metal buttons from the WW2 period.I believe there is a great thread done by Craig on the hbt shirt variatons on the forum.

RD

jumillavino
The shirt is a nice example of a korean war era shirt.I have one very much like it and have had a set of hbt coveralls(metal 13 star button WW2 production) with the same syle rank insignia.Not uncommon to see these in the period from 1947 through the Korean War.

I should add the pattern of the shirt is a post WW2 pattern having the smaller pockets but using the metal buttons from the WW2 period.I believe there is a great thread done by Craig on the hbt shirt variatons on the forum.

RD

Thanks a lot to everyone for yours help¡¡ Nice to find us¡¡