Experimental Air Force rates

StevenL

I picked these up in a surplus store today for 15 cents a piece since they looked authentic to me. What do the rest of you think, are they good ones? I know they're not too uncommon, but for that price I thought it was a steal. I'm debating going and buying some more, the guy had a huge jar full of them.

post-5589-0-33916900-1402369985.jpg

post-5589-0-22836100-1402369995.jpg

Yeah it was. It's a ways away so I don't know when I'll ever be back but they have a lot of decent stuff. And unlike other places around here they don't overcharge.

Some things don't change. I stopped in there in 1992 and he was selling them for 10 cents each back then. :rolleyes: He had a ton of stuff at good prices, just needed better lighting to sort through it all. :lol:

Bill

There used to be two surplus stores on Very Noisy Bl, on opposite sides of the street, 2 blks apart, and it was fun to see what each one had in the 50s and 60s....

• 3 weeks later...

Those "flat stripes" were supposed to easier separate the first 3 graders(A/3c, A/2c, and A/1c) from the NCO ranks.Gen Vandenberg at first wouldn't approve them, but finally did in '55. However, Gen Twining dropped them and they were never issued. I joined the AF in 1954 and had never seen them until somebody posted a pic on Military.com asking about them.