ADMIN

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:36 PM

Posted Image

NAME:
Without "Airborne" Tab: One Hundred Thirty-Fifth Infantry Division / 135th Division
With "Airborne" Tab: One Hundred Thirty-Fifth Airborne Division / 135th Airborne

NICKNAME:
N/A

BATTLE HONORS:
N/A

ACTIVATED:

DEACTIVATED:

HISTORY:
There was no official 135th Infantry Division and the 135th Airborne Division was only a division on paper. The 135th was a ghost division during World War II.

#2 Ron C.

Ron C.
  • Members
    • Member ID: 152,763
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

This is a one piece one I have.

Ron

135th Airborne Ghost Division r.jpg

#3 Lt. Kelly

Lt. Kelly
  • Members
    • Member ID: 153,933
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:45 AM

Sorry to bring up this old post, but I have a question that has always puzzled me when I came across such a patch: Why actually produce patches for a "phantom" unit? I can see why you would create phantom units but not why you would actually need patches for a unit that doesn't exist. 

#4 patches

patches
  • Members
    • Member ID: 34,986
  • 24,181 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

Sorry to bring up this old post, but I have a question that has always puzzled me when I came across such a patch: Why actually produce patches for a "phantom" unit? I can see why you would create phantom units but not why you would actually need patches for a unit that doesn't exist. 

That's a good question, my only thought is that they had to carry the deception on and on, and in this regard to the patches for these units, I imagine a patch was designed and forwarded to makers to make, bet the makers didn't know for one moment these were for fictitious divisions, they just thinking these were new divisions the army was now forming or soon to form.

(On thinking, How would they. the makers know, and it would of course been a serious breach, a very damning breach of security, you know lives might of been lost sort of thing, the very course of the war if you like. if they knew or were told)

Edited by patches, 26 August 2017 - 06:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users