What's New In The Air Corps

Hawk914

The recent topic concerning military artwork in the ephemera and photo section made me think of a book I used to have titled, 'What's New in the Air Corps'. I didn't think that these would fit into that thread too well, so decided to start a new thread here in the aviation forum...

All artwork by James Gary

scan0005a.jpg

scan0011a.jpg

scan0015a.jpg

scan0025a.jpg

This one is my fave of the bunch...

scan0026a.jpg

scan0027a.jpg

scan0041a.jpg

scan0042a.jpg

scan0044a.jpg

scan0047a.jpg

Fade to Black...

Here's the drawing from the inside of the front and rear covers. It was stitched together from two separate scans...

scan0045a.jpg

Fade to Black...

Steindaddie

You're right -- the artwork is great. I love the B-17's diving out of the searchlight crossed sky.

Will

PS. That book comes with a dust jacket, looks about the same as the cover though.

Today nobody is able to draw in such a manner. I love the graphics of 1930s and 1940s. Thanks for this topic.

And a great drawing of my beloved Brewster. Today I heard that the only existing Brewster Buffalo has been shipped to Finland for a 3 1/2 year visit. It will be exposed in the finnish air force museum. The news were released today 6 of march since it´s the 90th birthday of the finnish air force. Great way to celebrate it!

/Paul

• 5 weeks later...