Why do all the Great Patches get Eaten by MOTHS !!

1st Sgt CES

1st Sgt CES

Why is it that all the good patches get eaten by the moths. Two Bullion patches that there is no fix for them . Blue Skies Mark

post-6716-1336424677.jpg

craig_pickrall

Give the moths a few more days and you will have two of the super rare white background 5th AAF patches. Then you are talking really big bucks on ebay.

uplandmod

Hey! Are you sure you checked the patches properly, I think one is back to finish what he started while you were gone!~

:o

Leonardo

post-20589-1336430210.jpg

1st Sgt CES

Don't do that !!! I showed the wife & she freaked out !!!! And she is looking for the mothballs !!! Blue Skies Mark

I tried looking for the mothballs, but its hard getting their little legs apart :pinch:

But seriously folks, those little bugs are buggers! I had a problem one year at the shop. The %$#%$# moths were sitting on the box of mothballs mocking me. At that point I went to all out chemical warfare...

Why is it that all the good patches get eaten by the moths. Two Bullion patches that there is no fix for them . Blue Skies Mark

There dang sure is a fix for those. Because of their condition I would pull the rest of the blue wool out and clean em up a little and paint the background. At least, to me that would make a nice exhibit. Would look a lot better than they do now and would display a heck of a lot better.

RDarby

Old Marine

That's a shame, maybe the rarer patches taste better. Just be glad those little monsters don't eat cotton or we would all be collecting something else.

Third Herd

When I get a new wool patch I put it in a zip lock bag and then in the freezer for a few days to kill the moths.

Moths have standards. Would you eat from McDonalds for free when Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is free too?

Mike