Some SEAL coats.....

Spike

2148337642_839bf8ea1c.jpg

12 various SEAL float coats.

2147544273_17ba77fb73.jpg

Jackets that were cut down into vests.

2147545277_1ebeaf11fc.jpg

SEAL poplin rifleman jacket, fully DEMILLED(cut, blocked and welded reciever and barrel) Stoner 63a and LDNN pocket hanger.

Well....

i am slightly at a loss for words.

What an amazing selection.

Could you perhaps give us a tour of the cut-down jackets?

Wonderful items you have shown,

many thanks for the post.

Patrick.

Jacket breakdown....

5 Rifleman, 1 is in poplin, 1 in brown dom.

4 Grenadier, 1 is in poplin.

3 Radioman, 2 brown dom.

Cutdown jackets....

1 Rifleman w/bladder, poplin.

1 Radioman, bladder flap cut out.

1 Grenadier, no bladder

1 Grenadier, highly modified by the Sea Float/Solid Anchor Kit Carson Scout Advisor that owned it.

I got this off EBAY last year, the only thing I can think of is that it's modified for AK47 mags, it's a poplin Grenadier jacket and alot of pockets have been removed and the flaps used for the AK mag pockets, I have NO idea about the patch but it's been there for quite awhile, I want to remove it but I'm not sure if it'll look worse if I do. I didn't include this one in the picture above so this is the 13th jacket, it's just so weird.

2148995493_d8e9778c5f.jpg

2148998681_4fa9e3881c.jpg

2148996695_901168f3cd.jpg

2149790952_b3e0975897.jpg

Absolutely BLOODY AMAZING Spike, thank you for showing us!

I have always wanted a riflemans coat and was drooling wildly but what really amazes me Is the Stoner! Don't think people realise how rare these are. Most have been cut up and there are only about 20 still on transferable tickets In the US I believe. As for De milled and this model specifically I only know of 2, you are a very lucky man indeed.

Did I hear some rumbles about you doing a book? If so I await It with some impatience.

Thank you once again.

Yours, Guy.

hochiminhtrail

great find there, is this coming out of a single person "veteran" ?? or how did you find all the jackets, i see also that some jackets have tags on it, can you tell me what they are.

thanks

Alex

Absolutely BLOODY AMAZING Spike, thank you for showing us!

I have always wanted a riflemans coat and was drooling wildly but what really amazes me Is the Stoner! Don't think people realise how rare these are. Most have been cut up and there are only about 20 still on transferable tickets In the US I believe. As for De milled and this model specifically I only know of 2, you are a very lucky man indeed.

Did I hear some rumbles about you doing a book? If so I await It with some impatience.

Thank you once again.

Yours, Guy.

Dear Spike

Maybe i make a mistaque ? but on your modified jacket can i see a little part of Woodland camo on the back of right sleeve ?

Cheer Jerome

And thanks a lot for your outstanding post

hochiminhtrail

Hi beogam it seem like a patch or field repair to me with woodland pattern

let see what Sipke says

Hey guys by the way happy new twothumbup.gif year just in case i wont make it tonite on US Militaria.

cheers

Alex

Dear Spike

Maybe i make a mistaque ? but on your modified jacket can i see a little part of Woodland camo on the back of right sleeve ?

Cheer Jerome

And thanks a lot for your outstanding post

Really amazing collection.

What is even more amazing is that no Americans responded to this topic. Only guys from England, Thailand and France seem to be interested.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this stuff with us Spike!

Yes beogam, there is a real crappy repair with woodland, that jacket is so messed up and there is a bunch of repairs and stuff missing it.

The cloth tags in the jacket are spec tags from the Experimental Clothing Labs Natick Massachucets.They usually display the model of the Jacket(Grenadier,Rifleman,Radioman)and size.

RON

2148337642_839bf8ea1c.jpg

12 various SEAL float coats.

2147544273_17ba77fb73.jpg

Jackets that were cut down into vests.

2147545277_1ebeaf11fc.jpg

SEAL poplin rifleman jacket, fully DEMILLED(cut, blocked and welded reciever and barrel) Stoner 63a and LDNN pocket hanger.

Excellent collection of seal coats, I have been to the seal museum a few times they don’t have just a collection as yours. Spike sorry about my first reply I’m still new at the military forum and stupid me press the wrong button on the computer and I apologizes for this. I hope you can understand again you have one of the best collections I have ever seen.

Bonjour,

Amazing display :blink: Do your float coats show evidence of wear? Coats 've seen are always near mint condition.

Thank you to share,

Valery

PS

A closer view from your pockey patch could be very interesting

All the cut down coats show use, one of the poplin Rifleman jackets has Velcro extentions sewn to all the ammo pockets to accept 30rd mags. One of the Grenadier jackets was used in VN and I think I have slides of the guy wearing it in VN. Both these jackets were given to my by the SEALs who owned them. One of the mint Rifleman jackets I got that still has a paper tag stapled to the from was given to me by a 2 tour SEAL who said he tried it on, didn't like it and threw it in his foot locker. A couple of other jackets show some sort of use, only a few are mint.

Modified pockets for 30rd mags...

2160138702_73bd2ea4d2.jpg

2159339809_fd5feb7c72.jpg

Hi spike I was looking at e-bay and they have the seal jacket for sale can you tell me if the seal used this type of jacket.Thank you

If it's the vest that novplat71 has up it's legit, I saw it and had it in my hands from the SEAL that owned it but I wasn't able to get it. When I saw it and my friend owned it DIDN'T have a bladder.