• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 pchepurko

pchepurko
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,651
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:37 AM

I concur completely on all of the above. I have been using Geoff extensively for my research project. He is very responsive and a complete professional, as well as, reasonable priced and a pleasure to work with.

#22 Varangian

Varangian
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,047
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

+1 to all the good stuff written above. Geoff provided some important documents after I'd hit a dead end.

#23 Championhilz

Championhilz
  • Members
    • Member ID: 274
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

I am another happy customer - Geoff was able to pull the morning reports for my dad's unit during World War II. Thanks to his research, I now have a detailed chronology of his service - I know when he joined the unit, the dates of his promotions, and the name of the transport ship that brought him back to the United States. I also have a detailed knowledge now of where the unit went and what casualties it suffered while my dad was a member. I was very happy with the job Geoff did, and would highly recommend him to anyone needing some research done at the National Archives.

+1 to all the good stuff written above. Geoff provided some important documents after I'd hit a dead end.

#24 Glenn_Janssens

Glenn_Janssens
  • Members
    • Member ID: 67,611
  • 280 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Maybe a dumb question.
Is there a chance that some records contains photographs of the individual, and not only written info?

Anyway i emailed for a full review...can't wait for the results.

#25 MWalsh

MWalsh
  • Members
    • Member ID: 440
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

I'll "second" what everyone else has said about Geoff & Golden Arrow - great service and very thorough!

MW

#26 Jeeper704

Jeeper704
  • Members
    • Member ID: 157
  • 5,745 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

Same here, he gave me information I would never get otherwise.
A BIG "thank you".

Erwin

#27 etienne

etienne
  • Members
    • Member ID: 17,306
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

Just a few words to confirm that Geoff does a very good job with personnel records research :twothumbup:

No being a US citizen, I had a hard time just getting into contact with St Louis, and nothing came back ... then I contacted Geoff, and some mails later, I had a complet file about a Marine !

#28 francesco-5th

francesco-5th
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,237
  • 754 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

Geoff is the best !

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#29 Pete-o MSU

Pete-o MSU
  • Members
    • Member ID: 236
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Geoff is great waiting to get my research back on my SOS purchase! Can't wait

Pete

#30 Sinz

Sinz
  • Members
    • Member ID: 18,994
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:35 AM

I would like to say "Thanks" to Geoff for his great job. Geoff traced the steps of two veterans in the morning reports. I got information in very short time.

Geoff is a proffesional, I highly recommend his services.

Jaromir

#31 TLeo

TLeo
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,081
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

I just want to give a "thumbs up" :thumbsup: to Geoff at Golden Arrow Research. He just got some records for me and I am impressed with the completeness and service. Plus, he gets it done for you in much less time than mailing a request to St Louis for almost the same price for archival records.

#32 TCSchultz

TCSchultz
  • Members
    • Member ID: 17,286
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

I too would like to give a positive feedback to Golden Arrow Research and Geoff who worked with the NARA for over a month to finally locate my uncle's Navy Personnel File. This was wonderful and something I've been looking to get for years and was previously told by the NARA couldn't be located so I really really appreciated. As it turns out they were looking for his record as an Army file in spite of the fact that they were told he was in the Navy and provided his Navy Serial number so it just goes to show that it really helps to have someone there on site. All and all a great and positive experience and one I am looking forward to repeating with other records.

#33 gilhoolie

gilhoolie
  • Members
    • Member ID: 20,979
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

Geoff stays on a project until is is completed, no matter how long it takes. He provides a professional research service.

#34 Bill47

Bill47
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,695
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Geoff's the best. Highly recommended.
Bill

#35 captaxe

captaxe
  • Members
    • Member ID: 701
  • 740 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

Guys-

Can't recommend Geoff's service highly enough. I have had a grouping from a WIA Tank Destroyer vet for a while and hit a dead end on unit affiliation, etc. Geoff uncovered a TON of information (literally hundreds of pages) about his training, units served in, transfers, time in combat, how and where he was wounded, doctors reports of his recuperation and a bunch of other stuff.

If you are looking for COMPLETE personnel info on groups or pieces in your collection where you have basic information (name, serial number and unit are good starting points) than Geoff is your guy :thumbsup:

#36 ggent001

ggent001
  • Members
    • Member ID: 9,175
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

Hi guys,

I just wanted to give a couple of updates:

First, NARA has taken steps to increase its efficiency in dealing with high volume researchers such as myself. This means more communication and faster turnaround times which will be nice for everyone.

Second, I am planning shortly to build an addition on my website which will include U.S. Army MOS codes going through WWII(right now I'm planning to do 1940-1945). This will be a pretty nice resource for the forum, especially since MOS codes prior to '44 can be a pain to gain access to. I will let everyone know when I have this completed over the next month or two. It will be an extensive project that I will have to put together during my free time(not a whole lot of that:)

I just arrived back in the U.S. last night after a nice trip to Europe. I had a wonderful experience and was actually able to visit the Hurtgen Forest where my grandfather was wounded twice during WWII. So, let me know if you have requests and I can get them in for you pronto!

Geoff

#37 carbinephalen

carbinephalen
  • Members
    • Member ID: 14,217
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

I cannot praise Geoff highly enough! I needed research done fast and he came through for me (WITH the documents) in less time than it would take the NPRC staff to even find my request in their huge bin of mail. Seriously folks...why waste $60 when Geoff can do exactly the same work in roughly a 10th of the time. Bravo and I will definitely use your services again!! :)

#38 gilhoolie

gilhoolie
  • Members
    • Member ID: 20,979
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

Geoff continues to provide fast, excellent service. I've gotten extensive information about several veterans through him that the NPRC never provided.

#39 Robswashashore

Robswashashore
  • Members
    • Member ID: 12,350
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Geoff just finished a very challenging project regarding my husband's uncle and his service in the ETO. I am absolutely amazed at his thoroughness, professionalism and expertise. He was able to track Uncle Tom down despite the fact that he had enlisted as an EM in the National Guard, been sent off to OCS, promoted and changed units several times, and then stayed in the Army until his death in 1970. AND, since he and his late wife were childless and his younger brother died this year, there was no NOK! Despite this he provided pages and pages of documents detailing Uncle Tom's WWII service, and they were in my hands withing a few weeks of my request.

Geoff has brought the family legend to life, and I will absolutely be hiring him to pick up the story in Korea, as well as Uncle Tom's brother who was a Ranger in the ETO. I recommend him enthusiastically!

BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO!!!! (Hey, what happened to the thumbs up icon????)

Thank you, Geoff and Golden Arrow.

Jean

#40 Jack's Son

Jack's Son

BANNED

• Banned
    • Member ID: 8,213
  • 19,660 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'll have to give Geoff a try......report incoming soom!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"
(February 17, 1949 - March 5, 2011)