WWII MARKED 29th DIV HELMET.

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if some of the Advanced Helmet Collectors on Forum could give me there Valued

Second Opinion on this 29th Div Helmet if its Possible ! It sure would be appricated on this side :thumbsup:

Especally on the 29th Div Ying Yang i'm not looking for someone to do my Homework for me im just

looking for a Second Opinion on the 29er Division Insigna attached to this helmet

These are the only Photos i do have Currently available Attached for the moment Below.

Thanks in advance for any of your help :thumbsup:

Best Regards

Tomás.

post-11464-1314134989.jpg

post-11464-1314135034.jpg

Looks like original paint, the 29th insignia is the correct shape and the placement is correct compaired to other originals I've seen. Not sure on the 29th insignia itself, this thought coming from picture two. Lets wait for more thoughts. Have a shot of the chinstraps?

Tough call.Is it a fix bail or swivel??

Looks pretty decent

Appears the white was painted first and then blue over it???

Hey Ron,

I was thinking the exact same thing on the Insigna looks good to me also

Yes it is a Fixed Bail Lid :thumbsup:

Looks like original paint, the 29th insignia is the correct shape and the placement is correct compaired to other originals I've seen. Not sure on the 29th insignia itself, this thought coming from picture two. Lets wait for more thoughts. Have a shot of the chinstraps?

Hey Justin, for the moment i dont have any close up of the chinstraps sorry.

Hey Ron,

I was thinking the exact same thing on the Insigna looks good to me also

Yes it is a Fixed Bail Lid :thumbsup:

Lots of positives here in my limited opinion.The position of the insignia even seems like the ones I have seen

From what I can see, it doesn't look bad.

I assume it is a fixed-bail pot..??

Yes Sir,

It sure is a Fixed Bail Helmet :thumbsup:

Lots of positives here in my limited opinion.The position of the insignia even seems like the ones I have seen

Thanks for the advice and your Valued Opinion on this my friend

this is sounding to be a good one so thats what i like to hear :thumbsup:

I kinda like it. The blue/white colors seem to be authentic with the shell. No artificial aging IMO.

It sure dosent seem to be messed with..thats what i like about it also

and its not Artificial Aged and no deep rust attached to the top of the lid or over the insigna also looks to be in good Condition for its age.

The size of the insignia and the placement higher up on the front of the shell are two very good signs. The patina is authentic. This, Sir, is the real deal!

The size of the insignia and the placement higher up on the front of the shell are two very good signs. The patina is authentic. This, Sir, is the real deal!

Thank You Sir :thumbsup:

For your Valued opinion on this side its appricated its always good

to get a second opinion from the peolpe that have handeled these in person.

Ditto Lawdog! Really nice one!

Cheers,

Mike

Hey Mike :thumbsup:

Thanks for your Advice my friend i was farely confident but tought i would get a second opinion anyways just in case i was wrong!

As im pretty sure you have diffneatly handeled these guy in person down

through the years, It looks like i might just be getting a real winner here so.

Thanks Again

Tomás ;) .

One of the best and most logic things one can do in such a situation is to look at the wear of the cork texture.

The cork sticks out the most, so if there's a lot of paint missing between the cork textures but not on the cork itself it's rather suspicious.

If you have an insignia of which the cork turned green again (so the insiginia paint on the cork faded over years due to rubbing) you almost certainly have a winner because a faker will never take the time to be that precise.

Plus it's almost impossible to age the cork itself with wet paint. Almost always fakers simply have the lack of detail to age that painted cork. What they do is leave parts of the paint out, so it looks 'aged' and get a couple of knife cuts through the paint.

If you're dealing with a faker who's specialized in treating cork you'll ought to have an expert's eye.

Cork is one of your best friends if it comes to identifying an original.

Best luck with it!

Ps this is a tip that you can sometimes use! You'll have to use other knowledge if the helmet or the insignia lacks cork.

The paint could have been preserved well or have been spread in thick layers too, so be aware that this tip is no one way solution to making an opinion. But it is quite helpful though.

One of the best and most logic things one can do in such a situation is to look at the wear of the cork texture.

The cork sticks out the most, so if there's a lot of paint missing between the cork textures but not on the cork itself it's rather suspicious.

If you have an insignia of which the cork turned green again (so the insiginia paint on the cork faded over years due to rubbing) you almost certainly have a winner because a faker will never take the time to be that precise.

Plus it's almost impossible to age the cork itself with wet paint. Almost always fakers simply have the lack of detail to age that painted cork. What they do is leave parts of the paint out, so it looks 'aged' and get a couple of knife cuts through the paint.

If you're dealing with a faker who's specialized in treating cork you'll ought to have an expert's eye.

Cork is one of your best friends if it comes to identifying an original.

Best luck with it!

Ps this is a tip that you can sometimes use! You'll have to use other knowledge if the helmet or the insignia lacks cork.

The paint could have been preserved well or have been spread in thick layers too, so be aware that this tip is no one way solution to making an opinion. But it is quite helpful though.

Ken,

Thanks for your time there in explaining this valuable piece of information with me ! there its appricated on this side by all means :thumbsup:

i do know of another way to tell the difference in the actuall size of an Original first wave 29th Div Insigna from a post D-day Insigna

but i dont think we will be giving that valuable piece of info out for the Fakers to learn about you know your self !

There are some things that we do Have to be kept quiet about to our selves Certain Things and Secrets.

Thanks for your Tips it is really appricated on this side by all means

Tomás :thumbsup: .

I don't see any tell-tale faker sanding of the area, and I like the way the white paint has decayed differently than the dark. Nor do I see any telltale acid burns or evidence of too many scratches just around the painted emblem.

Looks good! Notice too the overall texture and patina has an even finish wihout seeming to be coated even. So many times you will see too much gloss or dull spots around the emblem, or a clear coat look. Enjoy.

Is it up for sale? What's the asking price? If it's proven to be an original 29er then ker-ching!! :w00t:

Hey Ian it is up for sale.But i wont be discussing the Price if you know what i mean ! :thumbsup:

well i was told it was giving by a U.S GI along with an SS Helmet also to a gentleman but i don't buy the stories i by the items :lol:

The paint was added some time after the lid was produced, I still smell an original though.

Good first impression too!

Kinda makes me think of Upham in Saving private ryan :lol:

He was with the 29th too you know :thumbsup:

I don't see any tell-tale faker sanding of the area, and I like the way the white paint has decayed differently than the dark. Nor do I see any telltale acid burns or evidence of too many scratches just around the painted emblem.

Looks good! Notice too the overall texture and patina has an even finish wihout seeming to be coated even. So many times you will see too much gloss or dull spots around the emblem, or a clear coat look. Enjoy.

Thanks for your Opinion it sure does look to be good to me also :thumbsup:

not Like the Fakes you always see turning up on EBay with the Scratches over the insigna not in this case do

nor is there any evidence it has being tampered with like acid corrosion Etc..or fakely aged!

Thanks for your Help :thumbsup: .