V-42 Showcase.....

Jack's Son

Jack's Son

I wanted to post my favorite V-42 for you all to comment on. I recall seeing several threads that showed examples, and I thought perhaps other members would like to show their favorites as well. I know there are several top notch, showcase knives here on the Forum........Care to Show Yours??

post-8213-1309799884.jpg post-8213-1309799896.jpg

JS,

I don't own any of these, so just a comment. These are some nice blades. And you do have a nice collection going here. Thanks for sharing these!!

Very nice! The V42 still eludes my collection! I'm really going to have to win the lottery to ever get one. I doubt I'll find one in a dumpster, or have one given to me. Did yoy see the one "Tigerfan" got at a flea market up top in the "Latest Finds " section? SKIP

Jack's Son
......Did you see the one "Tigerfan" got at a flea market up top in the "Latest Finds " section? SKIP

Yes Sir, I did.

"Tigerfan" pulls in some great stuff, but 3 beauties at one flea market? That just makes me .... :jeal0001:

• 2 weeks later...

THis one is numbered and was carried by a mamber of the 2nd Regiment.Has a repair to the scabbard with medical tape

post-342-1310964712.jpg

I wanted to post my favorite V-42 for you all to comment on. I recall seeing several threads that showed examples, and I thought perhaps other members would like to show their favorites as well. I know there are several top notch, showcase knives here on the Forum........Care to Show Yours??

post-8213-1309799884.jpg post-8213-1309799896.jpg

Thats a beauty JS

My dad took me to a show back in 1979 0r 80.Guy had a mint V42 for sale.Numbered to.It was so mint it was only missing the box.He wanted $350 for it.My dad wouldnt bite.I even called the seller a week later he came down to $300.I had $150 to my name(I was in jr high school).Told my dad we could go halfs on it.Still no luck :pinch: (he said your mother would kill us both if I let you spend that on a knife!!!)Isnt hindesite 20/20 :lol: .I do know where its at now and Im sure its not $300 anymore :rolleyes:

.....I do know where its at now and Im sure its not $300 anymore :rolleyes:

....."Im sure its not $300 anymore"

No truer words spoken, RD! :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Beautiful V-42s guys. Maybe I'll talk to Frank and see if he'll come down on his V-42 that he has for sale for $12,000. Ya think he'll take $500? That's all I can spare right now.

Marv

Frank Trzaska
Beautiful V-42s guys. Maybe I'll talk to Frank and see if he'll come down on his V-42 that he has for sale for $12,000. Ya think he'll take $500? That's all I can spare right now.

Marv

I have a few others for sale as well...

post-4426-1344791795.jpg

All the best

Frank Trzaska