My 2011 OGCA Rifle Grenade Display

Latewatch

I set up my display "US Military Rifle Grenades and Rifle Grenade Launchers, WWI to Vietnam" at the 2011 OGCA Display Show last month. It was a lot of work but also great fun. I was very honored to win the Best Educational Award and the Member's Choice Award.

OGCA2011photos011.jpg

OGCA2011photos012.jpg

OGCA2011photos013.jpg

OGCA2011photos014.jpg

OGCA2011photos015.jpg

Corpsmancollector

My goodness, that is INCREDIBLE!

Congratulations and well done for putting together such a stellar display, I can only imagine how much time and effort it took. I'm sure it was appreciated by many :thumbsup:

Will

Congrats on winning the Award you deserved it !! Well Done :thumbsup:

Is it an wonder you won it because that is an Outstanding Sharp looking Display and it looks amazing Thanks for sharing it.

Lucky 7th Armored

Never knew about the wooden bullet, how interesting! Great display, well done!

Haydn

Your display is premo! The best display in regards to US rifle grenades and launchers I have ever seen, FANTASTIC! :w00t:

I also love the M-79 and it's different rounds in the case!

bmbrzmn101

latewatch, great display!!

BTW if you have a m8 grenade launcher fot the M1 carbine you wouldn't mind selling, I would be very interested in buying one for my carbine collection.

Chris

Thanks for the kind words guys. I try and put it together about once a year with whatever improvements I can come up with.

Old Marine

That is one sharp looking, professional display. Your collection is incredible. Thanks for posting the photos.

Dennis

• 10 months later...

I just found this thread through a search, and I'm glad I did. Displays like this remind me that I'm not crazy for seeking variations of the same item. When they can be assembled and displayed like this, they serve a great educational purpose. Thanks for posting photos of this... It is fantastic.

Fantistic display. No wonder I can't find any launchers at shows anymore. :crying: Ray

Don't feel all alone Ray. Good launchers and related items are getting real hard ro find. The search continues.....

Great display, very comprehensive and educational ... I'm not surprised you won awards with this :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

That is/was truly a great display. The first time I saw it at Louisville I knew it was in another league.... This should be in the pinned reference area too!