Delta got Bin Laden

blitzkrieg gsd

blitzkrieg gsd

Just figured i would ask you guys what you think was it Seal team 6 or the Delta boys doing the shooting. I saw a reporter admit the D-boys were with the Seal team but it could not be confirmed. If i was in change of a mission with that big of HVT i would want them with me. Also seems like the nite stalkers with top secret stealth blackhawks would be for are best guys. No offence to the Seals but you know what i mean they are the best we have rite? So who do you think was behind the trigger and how long before one rites a book?

IMPERIAL QUEST

The SEALs are quite capable of what they are being credited for. Personally, I think way too much information was given to the press already and these types of missions should remain under a veil of mystery. Any speculation about who was or wasn't there is just that - speculation. Personally, I don't want to know. The only thing that matters is that the beast is dead. As for any books, I would not expect anything of the sort any time soon. these men are "silent professionals" by their own description. Not only are they not at liberty to write about the specifics of the operation, but further, I can't imagine the guy who pulled the trigger EVER wanting to be recognized publicly in any way for obvious reasons.

hawkdriver
these men are "silent professionals" by their own description. Not only are they not at liberty to write about the specifics of the operation, but further, I can't imagine the guy who pulled the trigger EVER wanting to be recognized publicly in any way for obvious reasons.

Which is exactly why some scumbag will eventually try laying claim to this.

kriegsmodell

I will stand with what I posted here on the morning of May 2nd. Would suspect that the assets involved in this operation were a combination of Tier One operators from SFOD-Deta/CAG, DEVGRU, CIA SOG/SAD, and their intelligence folks (Gray Fox, The Activity, Orange something, or whatever they are being called now) put on target by the 160th SOAR. Nothing at all against the swimmers who are extremely capable but I hope that everything that is being put out about the mission (to include the "found him through the couriers") is a brilliant media strategy and cover story to hide and protect our greatest "black" CT units and operations.

My thoughts only .....

The SEALs are quite capable of what they are being credited for. Personally, I think way too much information was given to the press already and these types of missions should remain under a veil of mystery. Any speculation about who was or wasn't there is just that - speculation. Personally, I don't want to know. The only thing that matters is that the beast is dead. As for any books, I would not expect anything of the sort any time soon. these men are "silent professionals" by their own description. Not only are they not at liberty to write about the specifics of the operation, but further, I can't imagine the guy who pulled the trigger EVER wanting to be recognized publicly in any way for obvious reasons.

Totally agree.Im sure it was more of a joint effort than anyone will know.

I really wish that the powers that be would have just capped it and said its national security and thats it.The specualtions are getting old and really just fuel the news mongers that keep reaching and searching for more news and end up just making a story out of rumor and speculation.Wonder what would have have happned if the Goverenment would have just denied it??When the Pakis wanted info just say it wasnt us...dunno...sorry and moved on.Instead of the news prophets trying to out our Special Ops people whay are they not asking the real questions??

Who built this compound,who and where were the materials purchased??Who transported said items.All this to me leads back to who really knew he was there and why a blind eye was turned

by the Pakis.I dont beleive for one second that the Pakis at some level didnt know.

hawkdriver
Wonder what would have have happned if the Goverenment would have just denied it??When the Pakis wanted info just say it wasnt us...dunno...sorry and moved on.

That may have worked had we not left a very large calling card out in the courtyard :think: I think we had to admit it to make sure we got our technology back instead of it being sold to the Chinese, like the stealth fighter in Yugoslavia.

IMPERIAL QUEST
...why are they not asking the real questions?? Who built this compound,who and where were the materials purchased??Who transported said items.All this to me leads back to who really knew he was there and why a blind eye was turned

by the Pakis.I dont beleive for one second that the Pakis at some level didnt know.

Exactly. Especially where it was located, right under the nose of the Pakistani forces. I don't think we have pressed the issue hard enough with them - now THAT is what the news headlines should be about.

blitzkrieg gsd

They knew he was there for a long time now the pakis are mad we got him. They fired on 2 of are attack choppers this week of course they returened fire. I hate to say it but this could turn into something bad between the US and pakistan. Who knows that could of been the plan all along. One thing for sure they are not on are side in this fight.

the SecDef was on Lejeune last week, the unit referred to in the media was us in 2/6...he said initially the idea on Sunday was to keep a cap on most of it...but on Monday somehow it hit the fan...he didn't specify how...I assume a leak

If i was in change of a mission with that big of HVT i would want them with me

why? nothing about the mission was so sexy it required any crazy specialized training, at least as far as we've been told. Basic skills...fast-roping, CQB, weapon proficiency, cordon/raid...I don't think it would be too far fetched to imagine that a Marine infantry or Army Ranger unit could have done it

That may have worked had we not left a very large calling card out in the courtyard :think: I think we had to admit it to make sure we got our technology back instead of it being sold to the Chinese, like the stealth fighter in Yugoslavia.

Whoops.............Sorry about that Embassy. It was our "old maps"

I was also curious why they didnt hit the wreckage with a UAV missle strike to make double sure there wasnt any parts left after the initial burn :think:

Jack's Son
I was also curious why they didnt hit the wreckage with a UAV missle strike to make double sure there wasnt any parts left after the initial burn :think:

This is one of the details that may come back to haunt us!! :pinch:

Details............always details.

Kilroy killed him.

I thought it was the combined Special Super-Secret Black Ops Delta SEAL team of Chuck Norris and Steven Segal that got him.

That's my story, and I"m stickin' to it!

316th FS 324th FG
I thought it was the combined Special Super-Secret Black Ops Delta SEAL team of Chuck Norris and Steven Segal that got him.

That's my story, and I"m stickin' to it!

Chuck doesn't need a partner...

Chuck doesn't need a partner...

Chuck Norris WAS in fact the special ops team...

Chuck Norris surrounded the three escape routes of Bin Laden's hideout (by himself), then spoke flawless Arabic to lure a guard out. When the guard came out, Chuck simply told him to retrieve the rest of the guards inside at once so he could save time.

After killing the guards by crushing them with the full size fridge that Chuck Norris had in his rucksack...he simply looked through the window at Bin Laden who was cowering inside.

Bin Laden suffered four simultaneous heart attacks before having the fatal brain aneurysm at the sight of Chuck Norris.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Chuck_Norris...n#ixzz1MpdA2T00

shrapneldude
Bet you guys didn't know Chuck was a Longbow pilot too, didja?

Not quite true, Jon.

You see... Chuck Norris doesn't need to "pilot" an aircraft. The craft itself stays airborne out of fear that Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick it, and the air does its best to keep out of the way. :lol:

CHASEUSA11B
the SecDef was on Lejeune last week, the unit referred to in the media was us in 2/6...he said initially the idea on Sunday was to keep a cap on most of it...but on Monday somehow it hit the fan...he didn't specify how...I assume a leak

why? nothing about the mission was so sexy it required any crazy specialized training, at least as far as we've been told. Basic skills...fast-roping, CQB, weapon proficiency, cordon/raid...I don't think it would be too far fetched to imagine that a Marine infantry or Army Ranger unit could have done it

Or regular Army Infantry :thumbsup:

Jack's Son
I heard it was that "Transporter" guy...

WHAT ?? Do you mean "SCOTTY"??...........as in 'beam me up Scotty'??