All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. knifelover

Knife Restorations

well i finished up the kabar 1205 rehandle i had posted before pics of earlier. here she is with the new handle and pommel made from scratch.
  3. rtd_sf_eng

Can you ID this NCO Academy Tab

That is more of a possible identity so far. Now, all we need is some pictures (hopefully in color) of the instructors with the tab on their uniform. Thanks again.
  4. knifelover

Can anyone help identify this knife?

i've seen one similar to that on ebay up for sale. a seabee dressed up like a baby shark... https://www.ebay.com/itm/266707795660?itmmeta=01HT3JJPT1K4WJ0NX9KD5YX8PF&hash=item3e1905fecc%3Ag%3A6ugAAOSwqRVl6UXZ&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4PGwXa4sL%2BNRMmmxycLqrabcQK7feN1Ltjn5J9rnbd6Xt66%2BATtCWQ8or%2BW%2BVgWuf7IN3bWgcmPTOz88G5ZI4NGQy%2BBQNmc1zINzW9btgt6zpozZYbyVUldafz6jIrdNS7%2Bt8g89ukNAA73yHGWWeDzh8RKE6u1%2FZDZxP4BL27OeVP0FRhT4wSeJMjxuM%2FQ3vXttPSTuh4SCeUBXtTFq3mI9nKa6q3TmLLeX%2BKsCeeEXVgiDJNfGulkr%2B3SAleP9DPIFXcxW5BgNCsnc9%2B9vpESyEl%2FD%2FeIrXmFXYxgwoXUp|tkp%3ABk9SR57tyvLQYw&LH_ItemCondition=3000 i assumed it was "trench art"
  5. srossio

War Movie Posters!

Man, I must have gone and seen the Final Countdown...well...a lot!!! and each time I hoped for the carrier to sail right into Pearl during the attack and change the course of history but...dogon it, no matter how many times I went...the ending was always the same!
  6. TheCanadianCollector

Korean War trousers

USMC_COLLECTOR did they not use OD 33 trousers in late WW2? The Korean War trousers are OD 33. I also have 1945 dated trousers in OD 33.
  7. byf41

Heres another odd ball Western that fits the subject matter . Its got a 5" flat ground blade like a Seabee , with the WWII era red/black spacer grip . Kinda like a Baby Shark with a Seabee blade . Its got the double tang patent number . Dont recall seeing another like It . Thats what I love about collecting Westerns , the variations are endless .
  8. TheCanadianCollector

Korean War trousers

9. Phantom there was a hard shell case or tray or something in his helmet bag that the face mask would sit in. Did not know anything specific about it.
  10. Today
  11. pwcosol

USMC pistol belt

Stared at the date and in comparing the last number, don't think it is a zero. If one looks at the 6:00 -7:00 position of the last number (best seen on the photo directly above), there appears to be a "foot" round 6:00 and a line of ink angling up and to the right, on the left edge of the "foot" at 7:00. Then glance at the number and think of a #2. One sees the rounded top, hook downwards to the left and then the foot. On the other hand, others might envision a zero or three, but my best guess is a # 2. It seems to be the darkest of the ink trail as well, and excess is what reduces the clarity...
  12. Capt.Confederacy

CS button

Unfortunately, it is a possibility that the button may be post-war made or perhaps even a civilian one. Concerning the former, US button makers did reproduce Confederate buttons for sale to ex-Southern troops for replacements on their old war uniforms or for wear at UCV events. If someone had lost one of these, say in 1890, and it stayed in the ground since then, it would look very old. If you can discern a backmark on the button, that would help identifying the time period.
  13. General Apathy

Norman D. Landing

. Then & Now Coutances 1944 - 2024 ( 80th Anniversary ) The third photo has pollarded trees on wire frames along the pavement in front of the building. Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 28 2024. ...
  14. I don't think it's a custom fit, but more likely one of the the very early MBU-5/P hardshells. The plastic was shiny, with a different shade of green, the molded MFG. markings were located on both sides (not on the microphone bulge), and there was a vertical mold line clearly visible. See picture montage attached, but I think this is the case on the example you've shown 😉.
  15. sactroop

I'm glad if this was helpful. I'm also a little curious about the missing WESTERN stamping on the opposite side of the blade. You usually found both before the patent expired in the early 50's.
  16. phantomfixer

Unusual oxygen mask for sale w/ helmet

On the firearms forum, 3 war trophy thread, a retired USAF Colonels grouping… looks to have this setup
  17. My old 97 was a trench version, and I think your are correct about the trench guns being solid frame, with the riot version being a takedown frame...it may be change that happened at a certain year.....
  18. I don't know about the riot guns, but the trench guns were all solid frames. The markings look off to me.
  19. Sun Bather

Latest find. Us WW2 M41 paratroops jacket.

Yup, decided to let it go as I have another interest to fund for.
  20. Thrifter_01

War Movie Posters!

Found today in a massive estate sale were three full sized movie theatre posters. All are 27×41 in size and are The Big Red One, The Final Countdown, and lastly The Green Berets! Super happy to add these.
  21. walika

Need help with ID

Yes, 438fs 35fg 3aaf. I have one on wool and another on muslin. Haven't posted them yet.
  22. Martinjmpr

Early BDU question

Unless it's a trick of the photo that appears to be made of rip-stop cotton, not the 50/50 cotton/nylon of the original BDU so it's definitely not a first pattern BDU it's some variation of a HWBDU (Hot weather BDU.) It also doesn't have the Elvis Collar of the early BDU. No waist tabs means it's not an early HWBDU either. I think that's an early 90's HWBDU. Not really sure what you're seeing WRT the camo pattern, it looks like the BDU pattern to me. I think the variation is just how the material happened to be cut for that one.
  23. The Rooster

Who can help on this helmet.

So whats the deal on this one? Did it make its way on ebay to France? Liner is not shown either.
  24. Question: Wouldn't a M97 Riot from that era sn# range have a solid frame rather than a take-down..? I owned E704xxx a while back and it was a solid frame......
  25. USAF / 20th Air Force. Kadena AB, Okinawa 1953. Japanese-made "Penguin No 19245".
  26. robinb

Rare gun part

I knew where it was at. A collector of antique reloading tools had it. It didn't fit his collection so I made an offer and he accepted.
  1. Load more activity