All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. USAF / 20th Air Force. Kadena AB, Okinawa 1953. Japanese-made "Penguin No 19245".
  3. robinb

Rare gun part

I knew where it was at. A collector of antique reloading tools had it. It didn't fit his collection so I made an offer and he accepted.
  4. ccyooper

Caliber .30 N L 812 40 headstamp?

It is supposed to be made for covert operations by the St Louis Ordnance Plant in 1953. I believe lots 1-4 were produced. Some people associate it with the Bay of Pigs but I believe it could have been used for any operation of that time frame.
  5. ccyooper

Rare gun part

Great find, by accident or just somebody you have been tracking to sell. Years ago a colleague of my found almost a complete device at a flea market/gun show at Ft Leavenworth and purchased it for practically nothing.
  6. phantomfixer

1911 frame stamp ID

P marked the barrel and a X on the right lug
  7. phantomfixer

1911 frame stamp ID

Hey guys thanks for the help .. again is this a SA stamp? has a circled S on the right side trigger guard… I found what that means.. but the frame stamp looks too small for a SA has a colt’s slide
  8. I believe you will have to write to the museum and for a fee they will let you know where it was sent, probably not much info in the file.
  9. ccyooper

US RIFLE GRENADE LAUNCHERS

It’s been a while since this post has been updated so I thought I would add a modified M2/M1917 launcher to M1903 with over stamped M1917. This one was made by KM and not unmarked like the OP. Has anyone found more info on the unmarked M1917 launcher regarding MLS manufacture?
  10. Today
  11. The Rooster

Complete Set Of Wings…..From Start To Finish

NIce Meyer! Yea, its strange to folks like us that family does not want their family members items.
  12. Usmc2004

Latest find. Us WW2 M41 paratroops jacket.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/355577618112?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D777008%26algo%3DPERSONAL.TOPIC%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20240315134233%26meid%3D1176ed77a4ab47cb910c763a65f2937f%26pid%3D102056%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26itm%3D355577618112%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D4375194%26algv%3DWatchlistVariantWithMLR&_trksid=p4375194.c102056.m47999&_trkparms=parentrq%3A85f8a13218e0a72e519eeffaffff4506|pageci%3A53aa1e41-ed23-11ee-84f5-cae975d50bc4|iid%3A1|vlpname%3Avlp_homepage
  13. hcm7505

What is this shoulder patch?

It is my wife's Grandfather John P. Macelwane.
  14. USMC_COLLECTOR

Latest find. Us WW2 M41 paratroops jacket.

Here is a jacket with the same patch from the D-Day experience museum in Carentan. Saw the jacket in this post, then the jacket in the museum later. Here is the placard that goes with the jacket for more info.
  15. Vark_07

MB-3 USAF Helmet

Unfortunately not, but I'll keep looking !
  16. Squale69

MB-3 USAF Helmet

Hello. Thanks for this information. Any "real life" pic' to show ? P.A
  17. Vark_07

MB-3 USAF Helmet

Sorry for the late reply ! It was a very light helmet, mostly used with SAC bomber crews as of the second half of the 50's. To concur with these informations, I own one that came with a B-52 bombardier/navigator HGU-2A/P Vietnam grouping. That MB-3 was the helmet he was using before being issued his HGU-2A/P. I must say you're very lucky to have the mask setup coming with it, Pascal !
  18. I compared my c&c co. sharps bayonet with a model 1855, the sharps bayonet socket has about an1/8" larger inside diameter, the lock ring locks up in a slightly differant place. otherwise they are the same. I believe the c&c bayonet is also issued with the spencer rifles.
  19. Inertord

Grenade launcher adapter

Adapter is original USGI, 4-69 (April 1969) is the modification date. The body is a repainted M21 Practice Grenade (Originally Blue). The Fuze lever and Fuze body are from a pyrotechnic type grenade.
  20. medalcollector

USMC Navy Ratings

Here is an an interesting one from eBay. Navy adopted this type for PhMs in 1950s. But this one doesn’t have the scroll.
  21. Concur, custom fit MBU-5/P. The facepiece was molded specifically to the pilot's face, and the hardshell was fitted around it from a rigid thermoplastic material (something like Kydex), giving these masks their very specific look. Pretty rare and desirable examples 🙂.
  22. medalcollector

USMC Navy Ratings

I have seen navy ratings on USMC uniforms with and without the eagle holding the scroll in the beak. The earlier ones do not have the scroll. Does anyone know when the scroll was introduced? I know EGAs were updated with the scroll in early 50s Thank you
  23. The "pie chart" with the dots molded on the mask states it was manufactured in October 1956, but that doesn't mean it was issued to the aviator immediately, though 🙂. The miniregulator (sporting the specific A-4 / F-8 / A-3 REDAR hose) was inspected on March 62 and was due until March 65, so that clearly means he was using this mask setup before, and still flying Skyhawks in 1962 and on. You should try to look on the mask's hardshell harness, there's usually a label sewn, perhaps it sports a date ? This APH-5 is very likely from a late 50's contract (circa 57-59) because of the thick leather sizing pads replacing the original "sponge liner", and the Hardman receivers. Either issued as is, or upgraded slightly later with those receivers - but again, just like the mask, the helmet contract date doesn't mean it was issued to the aviator immediately. We can also take into account that Hardman receivers were replaced by Sierra 345-30 black cast receivers circa 1961 (with T-bayos on the masks), so it's safe to say your aviator was issued this helmet prior to 61 and most likely in the late 50's. Overall, in that material configuration, I'd say you have a very nice Skyhawk APH-5 setup iconic of the late 50's / early 60's 😉 (most probably in the 59-63 period considering all the datation elements).
  24. Good show, attended several times.. If drive time and holiday conflicts were not an issue I would always attend.
  1. Load more activity