All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Proud Kraut

Breakthrough At The Siegfried Line-761 Tank Battalion.

Great work, Manny. I love the painting, especially of the faces, of your figures, very realistic!
  3. Proud Kraut

M-20 Prime Mover

A great kickoff for another modeling project. Looking forward to see a lot of WIP posts.
  4. Hello All, While I am certainly interested in researching the names, as I have not yet had the time or resources to do so; I am more curious on the engravings themselves and the type of Silver Star. Do the style of engravings look period correct, and can they be identified to any particular time frame, disembarkation location or known engraving organization? The SSM is a very thick planchette, and with the full brooch, I believe it is the sterling silver Navy version, usually found in the maroon case - might I be correct? Is the maker the U.S. Mint? Thank you! Eric
  5. Rick, you can always try here: Good luck! Eric
  6. stucky151

M1918 German Sand cast EGA

I was trying to look up safety pins to see if I could narrow down a timeframe of repair. Couldn’t quite narrow down any definitive dates on the construction of the pin. The sloppy craftsmanship, lends hope it was an in country field repair. Curious if any other sand cast emblems have laundry pins that match.
  7. Today
  8. patches

GEBT UNS ARBEIT

Here's a recent uploaded image of the 406th Engineer Battalion's DI as a reference, on heraldry-wiki, meaning it isn't for sale, maybe it was long ago, and image found and was uploaded for reference purpose, no shot of the rear, but by the looks of the front, gives the impression its German made.
  9. Mentioned this photo years back in a topic I can't find no more, this on at least one view of the 27th Infantry's DI worn on the fatigues on a GI in Action in a Bunker in the Trenches in Korea in 1953, had this photo in a book I used to have, so was glad to finally find a online image of it.
  10. A one of a kind sighting, the 1950s, the patch for 10th Infantry Division when it was a training Division at Ft Riley on one of their Basic Training Graduation yearbooks, printed-stamped upside down LOL.
  11. Upon inquiring at the museum that houses the original, they were willing to make a new photo of this portrait for a fee. Here’s the result. By their request, this is the citation: Courtesy of the Maryland Center for History and Culture, 1958.44.3. They say it will eventually be available on their digital site, but who knows when that will be exactly. And the detail: It’s so clear that it’s a heater/ triangular shield so often, I don’t even need to mark it, as well as the curving to its own right shoulder. Beautiful piece. You can even see all the small ridges on the gold lace as you can on the MacDonough coat.
  12. phillock

Help ID this M1 MIX NMATCH

Thanks Nickman Much appreciated for the reply. cheers Phill
  13. Nickman983

Help ID this M1 MIX NMATCH

The "band" is just the remnants of tape on the front/back. Likely would have had the wearer's name or some other way to identify the wearer during training. You see this often in the 70s/80s. Shell is WWII production but it's been repainted. All in all it's a pretty typical late 70s-80s set.
  14. I agree, except the model date is 1912. It is from the period before the snap was added to hold the magazine pocket in place. Why it was thought to be a special "medical" item, I don't know.
  15. Hi Team A friend has this M1and Im thinking of purchasing it but it seems to be a mix n match. Would be greatfull for as much info as you can add, especially wth that band on the helmet. Possibly reurbished and added post war liner. cheers Phill
  16. 158Bushmaster

158th RCT Bushmaster's Patches

Good evening. Any chance anyone with a vast collection of 158th RCT patches would be willing to put them on display for a summer or two in our museum? They would be on loan through our museum, fully covered by insurance, security, and would state they were on loan from your collection. The Bushmaster museum has a few but it’s hard to explain the different variations to our visitors without showing them, especially the theater made versions. We get about 5k visitors each summer and would love to have some additional patches to show them. Let me know if you’re interested. “CUIDADO!”
  17. Appears to me like a regular M1910 pistol belt, unless I'm missing something.
  18. spooderman

Carlisle bandage question

The bandage in your photo was designed for use with medic's first aid kit, and stationary first aid kits. These were not used or issued with the M1942 first aid kit.
  19. spooderman

bandage queston

What is depicted in your photo is the bandage designed and issued in conjunction with the M2 Jungle First Aid Kit, in addition to the M1942 bandage pouch. This bandage would be contained within a waxed cardboard sleeve. (Shown in attached image, courtesy of At The Front LLC)
  20. cerick1450

WW2 Gunner Wings for review

Thank you for the help
  21. Hi another stupid question. Nowing marines many times had to use what is available. Did they ever use the M1941 haversack on M1936 suspenders. could they even be attached to one an other
  22. 5thwingmarty

What kind of Wings?

Here is a set of Simmang wings I now have. The small WWI style wing is about 1-9/16" and just arrived today. The other small wing is 1-1/2". Chris confirmed the small WWI style wing was a Simmang pattern, and sent me some info that also led me to be able to identify the other small wing as a Simmang pattern.
  23. Thanks, Fingers crossed. I don’t really collect this type of thing but if successful it will be good trade stock etc..
  1. Load more activity