All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. His brothers Bob and Russ both served in the Army as infantrymen and were both wounded. Bob I believe was wounded at Guadalcanal.
  3. The other guy in the photo is actually his uncle (they were 3 years apart😬) Cecil who worked at NY harbor. When my g-grandfather came back from being overseas his ship went into NY harbor for Navy Day and while he was on leave saw him.
  4. Is the soldier in the photo your great-great uncle, aka, your g-grandfather's bro? If you have the dough, you might want to one day consider contacting Geoff at Golden Arrow Research. Check out his website. Unless this lousy inflation has forced him to raise prices, his price to copy the complete Navy personnel file for your ancestor at NARA in St. Louis is $70. You'll get every page scanned in full color high resolution and sent to you as a PDF. including the key DD Form 214, Discharge Papers and Separation Documents that will list all ships and stations he was attached to, as well as what service medals including campaign stars he earned.
  5. Guess I didn't review this very well... title should be "N-1" jacket, not "NX-1"
  6. UPDATE: I got a friend of mine and he found all sorts of stuff!!
  7. Today
  8. USMC_COLLECTOR

Unknown Rucksack - Forestry/ CISO?

I don't see any issues.
  9. I own a photo album of his from his service when he enlisted the AAC in the early-1930s.
  10. Brig

Tom Lowe USMC Amtrak Driver Iwo Jima Survivor

Still a great group
  11. I have a very nice US Navy N-1 jacket named to ET1 A.E. Strong on the USS Skate (SSN-578). I have attached some photos and was looking for some expertise as to this being an "original" or "not." Looks like the Skate patch was on the left side covering the "USN" at one time. Note on one of the photos from the bottom left rear there is some type of small hook in the jacket? Also, if anyone has any sources for a crew list of the USS Skate and is able to find an A.E. Strong I would obviously appreciate it!
  12. Ronnie

My Little Soldier

My small size soldier. Gotta find him some trousers. I had the helmet made. It has a toy liner that was modified for airborne use.
  13. KurtA

What tab would go here?

Definitely looks like an Airborne tab to me. I think there’s some distortion in the photo that is obscuring the center of the tab. Note the faint white line that goes from the B in the Airborne tab up onto his shoulder
  14. Nothing to report, I did get to see his officers sword, and few other bits and bobs.
  15. Hey I just got one. But it says 1939-40 no games where played that year?
  16. Yesterday
  17. Recently have put eyes on two of what I am assuming are reproduction/costume house made P41 patch pockets. Any input is welcome
  18. The things I’m interested in are simply “Family” items. SM, EM, CT, CS Rates of family members. I do like the right arm SM though!
  19. Phillip Brandt

World War I Service poster

I have to correct my previous post. It was an insurance company that provided these.
  20. mdeming1

What tab would go here?

Yeah I agree. I think I should just figure to out another ranger on there. Prob is that right sleeve person may be in an entirely different unit but it is MACV and dad was that for sure. Was that Viet-Nam tab ever an official tab? Could be that
  21. knifeguy

Depot 3rd pattern pack?

Thank you for your insight. I was abit unsure after trying to research these for a day or two. It came out of a USMC grouping with other gear
  22. vintageproductions

Monthly Military Show In Southern California

S O C A L M I C S Southern California Military Insignia Collector’s Society For the Perpetual Honor of Military Service & Heraldry NEXT SHOW: SUNDAY, April 28th Bellflower Eagles Club 9816 Cedar Street, Bellflower, CA 7:30am – 10:30am (public enters at 7:45am) $5 Public Entry and $20 Dealer Tables (max 1 per) No firearms or ammo allowed SOCALMICS c/o Vintage Productions [email protected] or 714-375-6262 UPCOMING SHOWS AND NOTICES Phoenix, AZ Military Show May 25: Shrine Auditorium 552 N 40th St, Phoenix AZ Contact: Tony 602-380-1424 [email protected] WCHMCS June 21-22: Fairplex in Pomona, CA. Presented by Cactus Productions. Visit www.militariashow.com for more info. ASMIC Military Show July 18-20: MAPS Air Museum, N. Canton, OH. Visit www.asmic.org for more info. Please be aware our wonderful friend and longtime SOCALMICS supporter, John Luneke has been suffering from serious health issues. We ask that you please keep John in your mind and hearts during this very difficult time.
  23. Are you still looking for this information?
  24. LuftStalg1

LGB made Technical Observer wing

A real beauty for sure, congratulations!
  25. Phillip Brandt

World War I Service poster

I have something similar to this from Great Uncle. It was provided by a local bank and had a place for a photo and a place to list his war service. Great piece!
  26. Uniforms of the Day

MATCS 18, Detachment D, Pohang, Korea patch

Just aquired this from the estate of a Marine master sergeant. Thought I would post it because it's not a patch I've ever seen before. Korean made. From the 1982 Team Spirit activities.
  1. Load more activity