All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Excellent item !! Say, i’ve a question - next year there’s the anniversary of the end of WW2 in Austria and the Wien Museum will show quite a large exhibition on that topic. Would you maybe be willing to lend this USFA MP helmet during this event, as it would add up quite nicely to the exciting collection ? Thx Stefan
  3. Marshallj

Combat Rosaries - Issued?

As previously said, Bibles and rosaries were not "issued" by the military but were readily available at the chapel or handed out by the Chaplain. Here is the Chapel I attended in Afghanistan.
  4. Different uniforms. That' s about it.
  5. cerick1450

WW2 Gunner Wings for review

Hello How do these Gunner wings look? Period correct? Can anyone identify the maker? Thank you
  6. I never miss this show! Hope to see you there.
  7. Bearmon

Who Wore This CBI Patch

How about this one?
  8. cerick1450

A.f.&H co shovel 1943 Question

I took a better look at it, and I can see the repaint. Thank you.
  9. collectsmedals

Combat Rosaries - Issued?

Here is a Rosary I have that came in a small metal box made to look like a Bible.
  10. 5thwingmarty

New to me aerial gunner wings.

Based on the pattern I know one advanced collector that says these are Dondero, but as has been said none of us has found one with a maker's hallmark.
  11. Today
  12. collectsmedals

Post your WWII Navy/USMC Pilot or Aircrewman Uniforms

Lt. (LtCdr) David L. Abrahamsen, blue dress jacket, white shirt, tie. Lt. Abrahamsen was killed in the crash of A-7B, BuNo. 154422 near NAS Fallon on 12/7/1970. Also in my collection are his VT-4 Top Gunner trophy and a parody photo taken with VA-125.
  13. Marshallj

New to Forum

Great ! I have one son in the High Point area and another who just finished an enlistment at Bragg. I've spent a lot of time in NC!
  14. NCDaughter

New to Forum

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will post photos of the memorabilia I have.
  15. Marshallj

New to Forum

Hi and welcome! I too am the child of a deceased WW2 veteran. Please post whatever items you can. We are all very interested!
  16. mikie

Norman D. Landing

👍 Your recognition of “B” from just that picture is remarkable. But then I guess you’ve seen one or two of them before. How are they attached to the frame?
  17. knifelover

Pinned pommel dilemma

you have to look very closely at the second picture, but there is definitely a pin just below the ding in the pommel. hard to see which is why i might have mislabeled it.
  18. knifelover

Pinned pommel dilemma

mdk0911, i just saw this message. i pulled the knife out to take some pics, and i realized i incorrectly labelled it. The knife has a 1/4" pommel that is THROUGH pinned with thinner and shallower tang stamps. One side says "KA-BAR", the other side says "USMC". Flipping through Cole's book 'A Collection of US Military Knives' this description matches variation #11. If I had to wager, I would bet this is the real deal from WWII post 1945? Here are some pics....
  19. mikie

Norman D. Landing

👍Out of LIKES again. Congratulations on your first Jeep. It gives your DB5 some company to bond with. I couldn’t agree more with you about the BeeGees. 🤮. But I almost look back on them with nostalgia when I hear some of the ummm… stuff my dear daughter listens to. mikie
  20. vforvictory1945

Philippine Made Belt Buckles

I picked up this cool circa 1944 souvenir handkerchief last week and it looks pretty cool hanging under the PI buckle collection imo.
  21. NCDaughter

New to Forum

Hi, Thank you for adding me. I am the daughter of a deceased WWII veteran, and the niece of his brother Lacy B Hall, Jr, turret gunner, who was KIA near the Celebes in September 1944. Shot down on the Mexican Spitfire, piloted by Lloyd Bardwell. I have numerous items sent home by my late Uncle. He was 500th Bomb Squadron. My father was in the 3rd Army, 76th Infantry Division, 385th Regiment, sailed to Europe on the "Sea Owl." He fought at the Battle of the Bulge. I have his recorded recollections, but am unsure what to do with these artifacts. There is no one to leave them to. Sorry for the long post, but if anyone is interested in seeing photos, documents, I can post them.
  22. mikie

Norman D. Landing

👍ersatz “LIKE”.
  23. Thanks guys, im going to throw a number out and see what happens.
  24. Awesome collection of well related items! The ordnance alone is just incredible. The battalion size field desk is a seldom seen piece. 😃
  25. General Apathy

Norman D. Landing

. . Barn finds . . . . . . . . A local French friend who is new to owning a Jeep and ' collecting ' militaria sent me a photograph from a barn that he has been in, and wanted to know if the small shovel was anything military. I am not knowledgeable about German items but it does have the look of a German army shovel, the handle at the top may be an an addition by the farmer. However two other pieces caught my attention which I have marked A & B . . . . . . . . more interesting to me are pieces A & B Item 'A' is a WWII USAAF metal frame for transporting the fins of aircraft bombs as shown in the one in my collection. Item ' B ' looks like the side mount on the frame of a Willys Jeep for bolting down the bodywork to the frame. Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, April 19 2024. ...
  26. manayunkman

A-2 Jacket Purchase

Here are two examples of leather color
  1. Load more activity