All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hello I came across this shovel, and wondered if it was a combination of old and new parts. It is in a 1952 dated carrier. I have never seen a red handle before.. It is marked A.f.&H co 1943 Thank you
  3. JerseyDevil117

Could this be an actual "reversed" CBI

It’s really just an error. But so is the reversed ww2 1st ID, reversed cannon tank destroyer and others that bring good money.
  4. Great patrol jacket variants...and on Marketplace, no less. Large gap in eras here...any insight on what they were? A collection? Maybe multi-generational Marine family?
  5. Sorry about having the pages out of order.
  6. manayunkman

Theo Heller WW2 thru VN painted leather

Beautiful jackets
  7. Boone

Questions about the Ontario M9 bayonet

Thanks for your response. I have a couple of sources for GI surplus that may have a few. Trying to avoid a never issued commercial one. Don't want like new condition. I like my martial blades to have character. Thanks for the info.
  8. Today
  9. Slufstuff

Questions about the Ontario M9 bayonet

I used to collect the M9 series, had over 100 variants at one time. I hesitate to say never when it comes to the military, but AFAIK, the only USGI contracts for the M9 were for green versions. However, it is always possible an individual unit used unit funds to purchase black M9's. As far as how to tell commercial from issue, it is hard to tell on Ontario Knife or Lan-Cay produced M9's, as their commercial issue configuration M9's were mainly identical to what they were shipping to the military. Ontario in particular had no qualms with sending bayonets out commercially from the same production line as their USGI knives. Having said that, a lot of M9's have been legitimately sold as surplus in recent years, so it should not be too hard to find a real USGI Ontario on ebay or other internet sites. If they are a big volume surplus dealer and tell you they purchased their M9's from DRMO type auctions, they are most likely telling you the truth.
  10. Local family cleaning out the house and let me come by and take a few pics of the father’s painted leather. Last pic is of the 3rd jacket, no paint on the back but still a stunner.
  11. ArtyScout

Breakthrough At The Siegfried Line-761 Tank Battalion.

Hello everyone. Well, I finished the Infantry soldiers. I still have to add the rifle slings, but by all accounts, they're done. Now onto the tankers. Semper Fi. Manny
  12. I also found a second photo of LCpl Poitras, again wearing a frogskin cover. Clipping is from the July 21st 1965 edition of the Biddeford-Saco Journal. Looks like AIT was at Camp LeJeune Another Marine's portrait from the same paper, again wearing a frogskin cover
  13. While doing some poking around in an attempt to find the source of the pictures, I came across an ID for the unkown marine in post #3 That appears to be CPL Wayne Lamont Jordan Lima Co. 3/4 Marines Cpl. Jordan was KIA on the 17th of March 1967 https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/121291736/wayne-lamont-jordan According to his find a grave memorial he enlisted in 1965 rather than 1964
  14. I had assumed that it was the same helmet but different chinstraps. If someone took the cover off and put it back on they did a really good job at recreating how it looks like all the folds are in the exact same places between the two pictures.
  15. Yesterday
  16. pfrost

New to me aerial gunner wings.

Many have asked that question. It has never been found with a hallmark (best I can recall). Most show up as clutch back, but a rare few are found in pin back.
  17. hyrax222

I know nothing about them but want some knives

Gitana- Second thing I think about every morning! Praise Him hyrax222
  18. Cpl. Punishment

Vietnam PBR 593 Grouping

Figured I should add a photo of the back of the TS 593rd patch.
  19. Here’s the pages out of Stacey’s book. Pg 28.
  20. Cpl. Punishment

Vietnam PBR 593 Grouping

21. Understanding, the date is simply the year the contract to make them was accepted, not an actual manufacture date.
  22. Hey Sarge. Im guessing two different helmets and the covers were put on by the same person. Maybe the photographer. You know how some people like things that match or are symmetrical... Thats something a photographer or the assistant would do with props in my opinion. Im guessing they didnt notice the straps being mismatched so focused on the covers. lol Im guessing civilian photographers working on base. Because also look how loose and sloppy the covers were put on. The work of a civilian is my guess. A Marine or soldier would get the cover wet and put it on there tight and let it dry and shrink up. ? Dave
  23. Hey thank you Patches!!!! Never saw something like that! Its fitting too since the 33rd fought in the Pacific in WW2! Nice !
  24. The Rooster

Info on finding helmets

Make a new post on this helmet. Thats what you should do with a new item you want to share. P.S. ...Some helos can fly up where you need oxygen.
  25. rathbonemuseum.com

Is this V aviation rate real or fake?

Again, first for me! So i would like to know what the book says. I focus on aviation and not naval rates!
  26. Bearmon

Could this be an actual "reversed" CBI

All four in this topic have point down stars point down stars
  27. Every reversed CBI i have seen have a point down star as opposed to a point up star, meaning the star and sun were just put one upside down. like the one in post #22 reversed CBI and this one on Flying Tiger (on top) Now I see this and wonder if it could be a true "holy grail" (on bottom)? n
  1. Load more activity