2. respectingthesacrifice

D-Day Experience Museum and Dead Man’s Corner

An absolutely stunning museum…
  3. respectingthesacrifice

D-Day Experience Museum and Dead Man’s Corner

If it may help, here’s what I have about USN helmets
  4. respectingthesacrifice

Normandy Visit in 1978

My bad, looking at pictures I took, it seems it’s not there anymore. I was sure it was, at least it was when I was younger… now at what I believe is the same place, there’s a pontoon bridge.
  5. kfields

What is this shoulder patch?

I don't know the meaning of SOSH but probably some sort of hospital care? So definitely came back to the States early - Oct 11, 1918.
  6. kfields

Normandy Visit in 1978

Thanks for responding. Is it out of the weather?
  7. Today
  8. nebelwerfer

Steel box for 60mm Mortar

@Dirt Detective What manual is this from? Thanks
  9. kfields

What is this shoulder patch?

Found him in Volume 23!
  10. respectingthesacrifice

Normandy Visit in 1978

Hi this is located in Arromanches, the British Mulberry location. Yes this is still here, although renovated
  11. Well it's certainly vintage, a Single Meyer Shield, pre 1954. It's possible it is related to the division when it was a Training Division a Fort Jackson South Carolina in the Korean War. Maybe a badge worn by Cadre, of the units within the division that gave specific Infantry Branch AIT??
  12. theinsigne

CS button

Thanks for all the responses, here are a few photos with a couple other buttons that was found with it
  13. WWII OD HBT Base Cloth as we see, a goofed Ports of Embarkation.
  14. blademan

Coin Shop Find ... WW2 Fighter Pilot Purple Heart

You did fine! Good call on buying the group!
  15. patches

A New AF Rank?

A one found floating around online.
  16. Government Issue

Norman D. Landing

Thank you for the response! When I saw all the jeeps in the junk depot, I was getting a little deja vu to the scenes from 1946's The Best Years of Our Lives with the B17s. Going through actual pictures of many of the scrappers and designated areas overseas that ended up with fleets of aircraft and vehicles, one starts to note that many of them were from the same units and ended up at the same "recycling centers" where they were processed into metal refuge. That could possibly be the case here. The ones that did make it into the states were jumbled up in random assortments. You could find things that were in Europe and the Pacific tossed together in the middle of nowhere.
  17. Thanks for the reply. It's tough finding good pieces with all the fakes out there.
  18. This identifies itself as being 8th Infantry School, but I have not been able to find any information about it or any other examples. Does anyone know if this is a unit insignia, a qualification badge, or what it is and when it was in use?
  19. This identifies itself as being 8th Infantry School, but I have not been able to find any information about it or any other examples. Does anyone know if this is a unit insignia, a qualification badge, or what it is and when it was in use?
  20. KASTAUFFER

Very nice!!!
  21. Persian Gulf Command

JR Gaunt Jump Wings

Not one I would want in my collection.
  22. gijoeonthego

23. Greetings, Well I might have a bit of a stateside division collection rolling along now. Got a group shot together with my tunics, yardlongs and my new copy of United States Army Depot Brigades in World War I. Spoiler alert: I added a new tunic fresh off Baystate's latest update... I now have an 11th Division-shaped hole in my collection! I will upload better, professional photos of that Wolverine (14th Division) officer's coat very soon. Seems like this stateside stuff has hit me all at once! Best Regards, -J.D.
  24. shadawg

Who can help on this helmet.

No, I didn't sell it on ebay. I had a bud helping me sell. Never knew who the buyer was
  25. kwill

1911 frame stamp ID

Yes, it is a Colt frame and has the Springfield Armory final acceptance stamp. The circled S on the trigger guard means it was reworked by Sedgley, perhaps for the USMC.
  1. Load more activity