All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. As far as I know, ALL US masks from WW2 contain asbestos in their filters. As for the M17 series mask I don't believe they ever used asbestos in the filters. Still if you want to be truly safe just don't wear it.
  3. MCDUFF

Norman D. Landing

Hi Ken, yes, this was a shock when I heard. Incredibly sad news. Your recollection is indicative of how Mark was with those he knew. He was always helping others out. Nothing was ever any trouble. I kept my halftrack and GMC at the farm where he worked/ kept some of his stock, so saw him there regularly. A cup of tea, chat and light hearted humour always in plentiful supply. He would always stop what he was doing to get stuck in to help! His stories of all things military vehicle - legendary! A great guy indeed. I will certainly be at the service...
  4. Found this 1980 photo of an SP, an Airman 1st Class it looks like, unit location unknown. He at any rate is wearing the Camouflage Marine Corps-Navy Cap with his RDFs, with the Subdued US Air Force Security Police Qualification Basic Badge on it we see. Not sure if this was the standard soft cap though, more photos of the period will be needed here.
  5. Steve D.

WASP wings, your opinions.

Fake as a 3 dollar bill! Here is the back of an original.
  6. patches

U.S.M.C. Korean made painted brass rank chevrons

A 1st Sergeant, the Battle of Bunker Hill, August 1952, thee 1st Sergeant of Company F 1st Marines, we know this as he wears one of those Korean Made Metal Ranks on the front of his Flak Jacket. See
  7. Spartan19

Custom Ribbon Bars--Any era!

Here's another Navy bar with the Army PUC and Naval Unit Citation.
  8. Spartan19

This is possible. The only Naval unit that I could find that received 2 Army Presidential Unit Citations during the defense of the Philippines is the 4th Marine Regiment. Roughly half of the 4th Marine Regiment was Naval personal. The issue with this is the almost the entire Regiment was either killed or captured with only a few hundred managing to escape. But im sure other Navl units also received 2 PUCs
  9. ItemCo16527

That is very possible. I should have put "certain Navy units". Also, it's possible those sailors you're referring to may have served aboard Naval vessels operating in the Philippines during its defense. I don't believe any major warships received the DUC.
  10. Spartan19

This is good to know but I feel like I have seen quite a few navy guys who served in defense of the Philippine not have the Army PUC. So my guess is not every unit received it.
  11. Thanks USMC COLLECTOR!! Steve
  12. knifeguy

Depot 3rd pattern pack?

Can you give me a ballpark value? I would like to put this and some other gear that came in a USMC group in the classifieds soon
  13. sigo

CJTF 76 OEF patch

CJTF-76 was headquartered at Bagram. Combined Forces Command - Afghanistan was headquartered in Kabul. CJTF-76 was subordinate to CFC-A. J-bad was under Regional Command East as I recall. RC-East was subordinate to CJTF-76. Seems like forever ago.
  14. ItemCo16527

Navy units serving ashore in the defense of the Philippines were awarded Army Distinguished Unit Citations. John Bulkeley's PT Boat Squadron also received one.
  15. Ronnie

Atlanta (Marietta) Militaria Show

Thank you fellas for the info. I appreciate it.
  16. Threewood

WASP wings, your opinions.

I saw these on fleabay and thought, wow. Those are hard to find. Then I read thread after thread on here about all the fakes of these. Seeing as legit pieces go for over $1k, i'd assume that these are, in fact, fake. The pictures of the hallmark are just fuzzy enough to be annoying. The seller states that these are a possible fake and gives the length as 2-5/8". Opinions?
  17. illegitimi non carborundum

Flea Market WWII Purple Heart

My initial reaction would be to stay away and assume the worst. But ... while the earlier picture isn't the best it does seem that the top one is cruder than the bottom one. And I should have mentioned, I have no connection to the current seller or the original poster.
  18. Agreed, modern SEA reproductions, sorry. Randy
  19. I just did a search and found S/Sgt Leasure Benjamin McGinnis on find a grave he was a AAC POW whose name matches perfectly, couldn't have found it without you. Thanks, I know the picture and the chevron the rank is technical sergeant but the details match up.
  20. Yesterday
  21. Ye Connecticut Gun Guild is sponsoring SOME SHOW- Shooting Outdoor Military Expo 2024. May 4-5 This is the old YCGG show that was last held at the Chowder Pot in Hartford before they went out of business. We were finally able to find a new venue for the Spring 2024 show. Robertson Airport 62 Johnson Ave. Plainville CT. 06062 Sat. 9am-5pm Sun. 9am-2pm Plenty of FREE parking - Food vendor on-site. Some of the groups that will be participating: 1st Co. Governors Footguard Geronimo Foundation NSSF CCDL Soldier Solutions There will be helicopter rides offered for a cost. Firearms, militaria and more for sale and trade. Go to https://someshow.org for more information and to print a coupon. Or visit ycgg.org
  22. Capt.Confederacy

VietNam country made patches

Unfortunately, I believe all these to be modern reproductions, not theater made during the Vietnam War. #2, #5 and #6 have computer stitching which wasn't around for patches during the war's time period. #7 has what looks to be an artificial darkening which is commonly seen on modern reproduction patches. (Honestly, I've never understood why people faking patches would darken the very side of the patch which one would logically conclude wouldn't be filthy.) The other 2 just don't look right.
  23. Fiziwater

Atlanta (Marietta) Militaria Show

Its at the IAMAW Union Hall at 1032 S Marietta Parkway (Hwy 120).
  24. Recently acquired these as they were labeled World War II, but after receiving them, I believe they are postwar. The bottom part that slides through the loops on the shoulders is plastic and not leather. I’m curious as to when they started doing this. To give a better idea on how old they are.
  1. Load more activity