All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Occasionally, interesting things still pop out of the woodwork here In Japan due to the US military presence from the occupation onwards to the present day. A friend of mine who knows that I am interested in all types of militaria let me have this in a trade today; it's a completely unissued 1951 parka, complete with matching mint liner and hood. I don't know whether it's circa Korean War or Vietnam War but I would guess the latter because it's made of the lighter poplin material. Unusually(?), it has the black/gold US Army badge already sewn in place. Also, as a nice add-on I got an extra liner thrown in which is the much heavier, early version. It's not unissued but still in very good condition. All in all, a good day. 👍
  3. 385th MP Battalion at Patch Barracks in Stuttgart-Vaihingen in the late 1950's: More photos at Task Force History video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy0_tU5V0qc
  4. Rakkasan187

241st & 242nd Tank Bn. ???

Both the 241st and 242nd Tank Battalions did exist. As far as the armor triangles, that I am not sure about. Here is some information from the book: Tank Battalions of the US Army by James A. Sawicki Leigh
  5. Today
  6. trenchfoot

Possible Iraq victory arch helmet question

I've handled quite a few victory arch helmets, and while your helmet is a type worn by Iran, it was very very rare to see them wear M1s and the paint color is wrong. Victory arch helmets were completely bare of all straps, liners, etc, were painted a very specific color, and exhibit adhesive residue from being attached to the monument. Unfortunately the one you have is not a victory arch helmet Russ
  7. manayunkman

Is this V aviation rate real or fake?

Looks like a post war rate with 1943 stamped on it.
  8. LEALTON

Help ID Please. Are these Pilot Wings?

Chris, Thank You for taking the time to respond. Good info. Regards, Randy
  9. LEALTON

Help ID Please. Are these Pilot Wings?

Thank You for taking the time to respond. Regards, Randy
  10. Good eye that is the exact same cover but chinstraps reversed??...how the heck did that hapen?!!....mike
  11. aso544

M1C SNIPER M2 FLASH HIDER FOR M1 GARAND

What about the machine marks just in the bend location? Just in the area where the old grenade spigot post would have been ? Guess I’ve never seen close up pics of another SA M2 in those areas to see if they have them too.
  12. Prien

Post your WWII Navy/USMC Pilot or Aircrewman Uniforms

Hello, I'm new in the Forum. I have to say that I love some of your jackets! UAU!!!! Congratulations
  13. General Apathy

Norman D. Landing

. Hi mikie, well you added a ' like ' to the post about the sheet of small enamelled pins, as a quick small tidy up of the sheet before putting away again I re-aligned the named camp badges and cropped all the damaged card from the top. Hopefully after all the 80th anniversary commemorations are finished I will have time to remount them all within a picture frame and display them on a wall. As the card was so badly damaged and dirty I have never really displayed them. Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, April 18 2024. ...
  14. Thank's a lot AEF. I've found an answer on this web site : https://www.eriehistory.org/blog/313th-machine-gun-division It concerns corporal Roy G ZAHNER 313th MG BN. Have a great day Dominique
  15. doughboy

241st & 242nd Tank Bn. ???

Hi altogether ! Can someone of you tell me, if there ever existed a 241st & 242nd Tank Bn. - especially an armor triangle with such numbers added. I looked all my reference books and the web either, but I didn't find any info. I'm asking because I purchased these triangles and I think these are copies - especially made for collectors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  16. BigBrother

WWII US Army- examples of OD bottoms with summer khaki tops?

Yes, I was aware of the black ties pre- and early war. What I wasn't aware of, however, was that tucking them in between the first and second buttons was an option during that time period as well. Very interesting! Thanks!
  17. US Army BAR Gunner cleans his BAR during a pause on Okinawa - April / May 1945 LIFE Magazine Archives - W. Eugene Smith Photographer
  18. patches

ETO Jungle Packs...

Another shot of those Packs on the 75th Division troops.
  19. No….a lot of maginot line sites in Alsace
  20. Yes, I knew Captain Kiss. I was then in Kuwait for 3 months, due to the preparation of the exchanges. I loved doctors. I was out there as a soldier as a radio operator.
  21. This was in a USMC acquired. Am I correct on the designation or depot 3rd pattern?
  22. ArtyScout

Breakthrough At The Siegfried Line-761 Tank Battalion.

Well, I finally started on the figures. Definitely not my best priming job, but the paints still had something to grab onto. Since Dragon usually makes its figures with the separate head, I substituted a head from Hornet. The Tamiya figure to the left came out pretty decent too. The tankers did not photograph well, but I tweaked them, and they look fine. I will post some more WIP pics as I go along. Semper Fi. Manny
  23. Thanks for the replys. This alongwith a 4th USAAF tunic sold for 75.00. My buddy did not go for it.
  24. rathbonemuseum.com

New to me aerial gunner wings.

Very common WWII pattern.
  25. rathbonemuseum.com

Is this V aviation rate real or fake?

I have not. New to me. More used to seeing embroidered dates if any and chevrons of wool.
  26. FlightRN

M1C SNIPER M2 FLASH HIDER FOR M1 GARAND

Thank you for the pictures. I thought on your original post, there was a shadow of the M7 spigot post. Your recent pics confirmed that's not the case. The base is a correct heavy base for the M2. As for the markings, I've seen obvious fake markings like below. https://imgur.com/a/92m24wo Last year I saw a hider with markings that were spaced wide like yours. Initially, I thought in might fake. But now you present a second one. I'll have to revise my thoughts. It might still not be original, but it could also be a very limited variant. Too small of a sample size to determine- yet. Thank you for sharing.
  1. Load more activity