1920's USMC Fire Bronze Officer's Collar Insignia

usmcaviator

A continuation of the recent fire bronzed threads is this nice matched set of late 1920's to 1930's "Fire Bronze" marked officer's insignia. Pin-backed with later roller style catch. This set came to me un-named as to owner but did arrive with many 37 patterns in the box.

Mike

post-1-1204416385.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

These are wonderful examples of the fire bronze characteristics, with strong bronze color and steady, matched wear. Mike, I'm guessing these are some of H&H first emblems, unmarked...? Perhaps designed just prior to and sold simultaneously with the approval and introduction of the gooneys series in '27? My hunch is based on my observations of the continent configuration and distinctive wing shape / detailing and unique leg design think.gif They did not happen to be acquired with the cover emblem? s/f Darrell

No cover emblem came with these. I have emblems that look like they could go with this set, (to include the large as someone deemed it, 'the beast' type emblem) but no others with the same "fire bronze" mark.

Mike

teufelhunde.ret
No cover emblem came with these. I have emblems that look like they could go with this set, (to include the large as someone deemed it, 'the beast' type emblem) but no others with the same "fire bronze" mark.

Mike

That nickname is attributed to our own Gary ;)

• 1 year later...