• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
3 hours ago, KingBee said:

what can y’all tell me about this second div patch. I think it’s ww1

58D2E3C9-0A79-4970-A78F-6326B08F0648.jpeg

KingBee,

A nice WWI variation of the 2nd Division 2nd Train HQ & Military Police.

Regards,

Chris

4 hours ago, ChrisV said:

KingBee,

A nice WWI variation of the 2nd Division 2nd Train HQ & Military Police.

Regards,

Chris

Thank you very much!! I was having difficulty encountering any like it so this is of much use. Cheers 

3 hours ago, KingBee said:

Thank you very much!! I was having difficulty encountering any like it so this is of much use. Cheers 

KingBee,

You are very welcome. The only other thing I want to point out is the 4th Machine Gun Battalion uses the same shield shape reserved for Division support but in the color purple. Your wool shield does look blue to me which would be 2nd Train HQ & MP as I previously mentioned. I know photos don't always come through the same colors as in hand so wanted to give you this piece of info just in case. Sometimes dark blue and purple are hard to tell apart. 

Regards,

Chris

1 hour ago, ChrisV said:

KingBee,

You are very welcome. The only other thing I want to point out is the 4th Machine Gun Battalion uses the same shield shape reserved for Division support but in the color purple. Your wool shield does look blue to me which would be 2nd Train HQ & MP as I previously mentioned. I know photos don't always come through the same colors as in hand so wanted to give you this piece of info just in case. Sometimes dark blue and purple are hard to tell apart. 

Regards,

Chris

thank you Chris once again, using the information you provided me the first time I was able to find out that the soldier wearing this uniform arrived to England on the final voyage of the SS Aurania, as one month into the return voyage to NY she was sunk by the German sub UB-67, commanded by Kapitanleutnant Erhard Schulz. Also you are correct the patch is dark blue, I appreciate you for your thoughtfulness to point out the 4th machine gun battalion.

regards - Luis

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...