Is this an A-26 Invader

captaxe

Cobrahistorian

Very nice shot! The 8-gun nose dates it to the Korean War, but I'm not sure that's the same "Versatile Lady". The nose art is completely different, as is the lettering font on the name. Definitely something to research further.

Jon

Very nice shot! The 8-gun nose dates it to the Korean War, but I'm not sure that's the same "Versatile Lady". The nose art is completely different, as is the lettering font on the name. Definitely something to research further.

Jon

I would call it "inspired by..."

• 1 year later...

We had the 8-gun conformation in Vietnam as well, but, the lack of the On Mark changes (tip tanks) probably means Korea.

Mike Clothier

609 ACS, Nimrod

NKP, Thai. 67-68

• 5 years later...

Hey everyone, just some background details. Both of these shots of "Versatile Lady" are indeed the same plane. She was also called Old Able due to her tail letter of A. She served with the 13th Bomb Squadron, 3rd Bomb Group in Korea. The first image is an older image. The lady from that art was inspired by a pack of playing cards from the base commissary. When the plane was repaired and repainted at Miho AB a Japanese artist redid the artwork based on an Esquire Magazine calendar. Her serial number was 44-34287. (434287 on the tail, BC-287 on the fuselage).

My grandfather served in this squadron. I'm also building an online museum to the Invader. I have photos of more tha 500 individual planes.