Service Academy and Military College Uniforms

maddog1129

firefighter

The USAFA coat in #12 I noticed has a wider cuff stripe.Never really paid much attention to that before.Looks to be about double the normal officer cuff stripe.

• 2 months later...
uniformcollector

Here is an overcoat and parade uniform for the USAFA. The parade coat is identified to J. C Connors. His serial Number is 811393 and his squadron is 02. The uniform is marked June first, 1977. Does anyone has identification on J. C. Connors?

post-104949-0-34389500-1370214027.jpg

• 1 month later...

I hope this OK to add. While it is no longer a military institution, here is a kepi from Pennsylvania Military College (PMC). PMC was formerly Pennsylvania Military Academy from 1862-1892 and became Widener University in 1972. Widener still offers an ROTC program today.

This kepi would date anywhere from 1903-1929:

attachicon.gifpost-29885-1323221346.jpg

And here is a photo of it in wear circa 1927:

attachicon.gifpost-29885-1323275227.jpg

Fantastic hat!

• 2 months later...

Maddog,

Impressive collection.

If you have any interest in adding this USMA - West Point jacket to your collection please let me know.

I will sell it for $25 + Postage.

It is named and in immaculate condition.

Auggie

post-101940-0-37157600-1382179240.jpg

Auggie, this is not the FS section. You already have it listed there, so if someone was looking for one they would look there.

There is also a PM system, so that you are not hijacking threads with sale adds.

You have a very common item with a good price. Unless you list it for $10 shipped (basically free) you will just have to be patient for a buyer or list it on ebay.

Maddog,

Impressive collection.

If you have any interest in adding this USMA - West Point jacket to your collection please let me know.

I will sell it for $25 + Postage.

It is named and in immaculate condition.

Auggie

Auggie

Offering items for sale is in the for sale area, not through as many threads that might apply.

Thank you.

Dave

Dave,

Sorry about that.

Is it okay to solicit "want to buy" in areas other than in the "wanted" area?

Mike

So long as you aren't spamming threads with your want ads, that typically isn't an issue. Many people, including me, have items they want to buy in their signatures, and that is acceptable.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This 1960 USAF Academy Jacket is at a local vintage clothing store. Not my collecting area so thought I would see if this was of interest to anyone in this thread.

post-2647-0-26858800-1415201018.jpeg

post-2647-0-59420000-1415201017.jpeg