• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 usmcaviator

usmcaviator
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,315
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:35 AM

It will be interesting to see when these were first seen worn based off of photographic evidence in Briuers new book. Does anyone else have examples of the Breuniger made EGA's? IMO these are the epitome of the form. This is a collar single, worn from what I can tell late 1890's to about 1908, or whenever the patrol coat went out of service.

Attached Images

• jewler_1900_breuniger1.jpg

Edited by teufelhunde.ret, 19 May 2008 - 11:46 AM.

#2 bobgee

bobgee

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 503
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:59 AM

Another great emblem. Great pics! Thanks for sharing.
S/F................Bob

#3 usmcaviator

usmcaviator
  • Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:57 PM

Bob,
Do you own any examples?

Mike

Edited by teufelhunde.ret, 25 October 2007 - 10:01 AM.

#4 bobgee

bobgee

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 503
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:44 PM

Mike...I wish I did. I have no Brueniger-made emblems. The earliest set I own is dated, I believe, circa 1900 the commissioning set of Col. Frank Jacob Schwable. I also have his sword circa 1900. He served 1900-1935. They came with his son's memorabilia aviator Frank Hawes Schwable BGen Ret 1929-1959.
What do you think of the time period I attribute to these emblems? S/F....Bob
Schwable_1900_CAP_OBV.JPG
Schwable_1900_CAP_REV.JPG
Schwable_1900_CAP_REV_w_Nut.JPG
Schwable_1900_Collars_OBV.JPG
Schwable_1900_Collars_REV.JPG

#5 usmcaviator

usmcaviator
  • Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

Much better photo's... at auction the photo's where horrible/

Darrell,
What auction? This one was obtained privately and not through any auction, or are you referring to Bob's set???
Bob, I think the early 1900's is a good time frame, especially if you have the provenance on that set. Well worn, nice look. Very nice!!

Mike

#6 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,558 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

Saw another one on ebay sometime ago... concluded it was yours? Have posted it elsewhere here. Not at office... at home and cannot look for it at this moment.

#7 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
  • 21,558 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:33 PM

Mike.... not sure http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/think.gif Will get my photo copy up monday, when I get to office. s/f Darrell

#8 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
  • 21,558 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:14 AM

Well finally... got my computer back that crashed sometime ago and now sorting thru allot of pic's, here is a copy from that auction.

Attached Images

• breuniger_front_1890__s.jpg
  • breuniger_back_1890__s.jpg

#9 usmcaviator

usmcaviator
  • Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:56 AM

Well finally... got my computer back that crashed sometime ago and now sorting thru allot of pic's, here is a copy from that auction.

Darrell,
Again, the one you just posted never went at auction, the one you have shown was acquired by me through a private source. It has never been to auction. I took those photos. I think those pics were on an early post on the WAF.

Mike

#10 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
  • 21,558 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:44 AM

Mike, you quite likely correct.... I can't recall were the pic came from. One of the pleasures of growing old. Anyhow, my old computer drive is back in the shop and they are retrieving info at a snails pace. It just simply became to troublesome for me to pursue data retrial. Perhaps some day I will get all the pics / info back. As you... I do recall a jeweler variety on ebay around the same period. Will get it posted if it is retrieved. s/f Darrell

#11 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
  • 21,558 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:15 AM

Fellow forum members:

You are in the Marine Corps EGA reference section. This area is were posts from the Marine Corps, USMC EGA discussion section are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. As time moves forward there maybe additional information the EGA Moderators wish to add or will add to this specific post. We ask for your input as well.

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the USMC EGA discussion area which is listed in the main page under insignia. And as needed we will be pleased to move any new and or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised; posting and or editing is restricted on Eagle, Globe and Anchor emblem threads; to moderator's and forum staff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users